Clairvoyance

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by RedDain, Mar 25, 2014.

1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Make it Preordained, and make it a single target spell that gives the target champion "Gift of Scrying" for 3 or 4 rounds (scrying will process 3 or 4 times).

Tarathil likes this.
  2. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

this, or if it stays the same then they could buff a champ with cast: clairvoyance

Molosse likes this.
  3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Spellsurge: Clairvoyance might be better as it would get the rune itself in your BG.

Suggested it on a rune suggestion.

Plus, once you have your runes revealed, it is at least a last ditch heal.

Frankly the spell should have an additional effect once all runes are revealed anyway.

4. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Fikule raises an interesting point, that the spell becomes useless after all runes are revealed. What alternative/aditional effect/s should the spell have?

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'm not sure I like the Gift of Scrying idea. The instant reveals are far better than delayed ones, even if you do get one more rune. Preordained is a great one though, as it would really solidify the spell's purpose. Additionally, if you cast it while all your runes are revealed, it could take some of your runes off CD; alternatively, it could instantly reveal all stealthed champions on the map, or reduce all of your other spell cooldowns by 1, or perhaps place some opposing runes on CD.

6. RedDain

Clairvoyance is the ability to see the future... how about once all runes are revealed, Clairvoyance can still be cast on a champ (single target spell that gives Gift of Scrying according to my suggestion). When cast on a champ (while all runes are revealed) the next attack on that champ automatically misses, like blizzard cloak, mini version. You can see the future, you know what the attacker will do, you can prepare for it and avoid it...

Think of it this way, first time around, it allows target champ to "ponder the future" and reveal more runes via scrying. When all runes are revealed, it allows target champ to "ponder the future" and avoid an attack.

As for gift of scrying applied to target champ... how about the champ gains the ability the shrine has "Exertion: scry" - lose X HP, reveal an extra rune... ?? The reason I want it to be applied to a champ, and I want it to be "over time" is that I am sick of instant gratification runes. Clairvoyance is too cheap to give it a super-power like "reveal 3 runes" if it is pre-ordained. Should be a good effect, but not an insane effect. (and please nerf call demons and call dragons, kthxbai)

7. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

OMG that was a great idea, i loved it.

Clairvoyance - Nora 20
    You reveal 3 additional runes this turn, if your already have all runes revealed, the next 12 damage dealt to a Kthir champion is prevented.

Like soul bound from leoss, because being a targed spell may does things that cairvoyance are not supose to do, and make a attack from your choise to automiss can be OP, the 12 damage shield can be OP for every champions, thats why only KF champs got it, and if still OP, it can be only for elves or garus.

what you think people? lets make it happen! lets talk with greens, and byt the way, the game already have a Limited Edition clairvoyance to fit the non-shoebox rune place.

8. Prami

That seems overpowered, and not thematic for KF at all. Maybe it could reduce the cooldown of your runes by 1 (half the effect of Hurry), if all runes are revealed.

9. RedDain

It would be very easy to make it overpowered, I agree. I think the "mini-hurry" idea is also very interesting.

I don't agree that single target, single attack (or X damage) negated is somehow out of faction for KF, but the first point is a good one.

So:
    Change 1 -- Clairvoyance should be pre-ordained.
    Change 2 -- it should be a single-target (friendly only?) spell that grants Augury (exertion scry for x rounds)
    Change 3 -- when all runes are revealed, the effect is to give the champ an ability like "exertion: augury" for x rounds

All rune reveals gained come at a cost of exchanging HP for pace, and when all runes are revealed, CD's (spells only? all runes?) are reduced by 1, again at a cost of exchanging HP for pace.

The problem, of course, with the CD drop, is that Clairvoy is so cheap a spell that if you ran two of them, you could ALMOST chain cast them, and Oracle insanity would commence very quickly... so "mini-hurry" might be a problem - need to think about that.

Price the rune according to the impact, and make the HP cost balance the rune reveal and lowered CD.

Seems like it would fit a decent niche, could synergize quite well with many runes, and would bring the rune back into play without making it insanely OP.

Ideas?

10. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Do not agree with theme isue, its heal its a role of KF, and prevent damage its a kind of heal.

Now that you mentioned it, i do agree with you that the little cost of it make my 12 damage prevent OP, the mini-hurry its a lot more op, and HP cost to balance its not a role of KF to go, then we cant just reduce the X damage to be prevent.

Lifeshield its a 30 nora single targed spell that heal 15 hp and counter a enemy single targed spell, if it targed that champion.

So, instead of the next 12 damge we can put next 10 damage, if that still too OP the damage can be focused on spell or basic atk, and we still can fit it only for elves or garus.

Then the additional effect will be like:
    - if your already have all runes revealed, the next 10 damage dealt to a Kthir champion is prevented.
    - if your already have all runes revealed, the next 10 damage dealt to a Kthir champion, from a basic attack (or spell) is prevented.
    - if your already have all runes revealed, the next 10 damage dealt to a Kthir elven (or garu) champion, from a basic attack (or spell) is prevented.

what about now? sounds cools and not op?

11. Prami

The damage shielding still feels like an IS theme. I don't think it goes well with the spell. CD reduction problem with Clairvoyance acknowledged.

It's not a healing type, and KF has nothing else that acts according to this mechanic. What's the point of having factions if they have no identity?

12. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

The theme here its about clairvoyance thing, for knowing the future, and after you can far see all you can do (reveal all rune doc) you begin to far see all your opponent can do, so far its about their attack, but i gess that can be anything, what more clairvoyance can far see about the enemy?

13. dsjtheman

i still wouldnt see myself running clairvoyance with any of the suggested buffs... if i want gift of scrying ill just run slags (and or run oracles for their reveals). even still, i can noramally live with the current pace of normal reveal rate and shrine scrys happily enough to not need to spend even 20 nora on something just to reveal more runes. this is why i think that instead of changing the spell to be slightly better, keeping it the same and adding cast: clairvoyance to a current or upcoming champ would be a way to put the spell back in play.

edit: not saying the ideas were not good ideas... i like the ideas, i just personally wouldnt see myself finding space for a spell that only reveals runes or gives a champ an ability that reveals runes.

14. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

what cast: "spell" does? i never see it in play or know a champion to have it yet.

15. dsjtheman

plenty of champs have cast:x abilities. its essentially a free spell. in kf garu medium has cast: ancestral anger for instance.

generally cast:x spell abilities are used on spells that are "underpowered" or not widely used. which is why i thought it'd be best for clairvoyance.

16. RedDain

If you wouldn't see yourself running it, but I could see myself running it, and someone else might too... that could be a sign that it is a decent idea... we want to avoid autoinclude super-runes...

17. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I like it being pre ordained, this is a good idea, actually doesn't make it a very risky pick in a bg, and its low cost comes from it becoming obsolete for nothing more than spellswallower, tempo, blockade, backfire, etc, etc. which does come in handy tbh.

With it being clairevoyance couldn't it just give something like premonition for the next 3 turns? or the next champ deployed gains premonition, that fits into its kind of seeing into the future theme.

18. RedDain

Good idea.

Prami likes this.
  19. Prami

It should still do something though, when all of one's runes are revealed.

20. RedDain

Once the runes are revealed, it would grant premonition to the target champ... that was the idea.