c'mon... really?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Okay, I'm kinda gritting my teeth writing this and I wanted to be a jerk writing this post since I'm SOO frustrated by this issue but I won't be since that never helps anything. I've been gone for well over a year and one of the reasons I left was because the music bug (music stops when a player dies) was never fixed. One of the best aspects of Pox Nora is the amazing music which is this tense, suspenseful, and hauntingly beautiful melody that backdrops one of the best tactical, turn-based TCG strategy games of all time imho.

So I login a few days ago to check on the status of things in general. I'm thinking, surely the devs have now fixed this amazing glaring bad smudge on an otherwise flawless artistic masterpiece of a game we call Pox Nora. Lo and behold, I was flabbergasted to find this STILL has not been fixed?!?!?!

This is kind of embarrassing at this point and I'm not sure I really want to know why this is still hanging out there but I'll go ahead and ask anyways. Why is the music bug still not fixed for Poxnora?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would also like this fixed.

mortal ix and Anima26 like this.
  3. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Because there are only like two programmers working on the game and 10000 requests for changes and bug fixes made to them per patch.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The real reason is they do new abilities rather than fixing bugs that doesn't affect the gameplay.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Music can get annoying after awhile. Most of them are under 2 minutes, so in a 30-40 min game or especially a campaign, it can get stale. Though it is really good!

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You can simply mute it. He's asking for it not being bugged, not to play it for everyone everytime.

7. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

That was just my reasoning for it not being a priority. The bug's annoyed me for years.

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

One way you can get around this is by going into your install folder and finding the music files. Playing on ST map? Find the appropriate music file and drag it onto your media player, click repeat, play and minimize. Atleast u got the music going.

Bug should be fixed by now though really, its been around for quite some time.

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Thats a bit of a problem. Makes the game feel shoddy when part of it is just broken...

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Did someone really just describe pox as flawless?

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I heard if the music stops after a champ is killed you can type /saxy and it will play music again.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I got you all in the event that it doesn't.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I see you and raise:

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I see your raise, and raise you:

Anima26 and 19madfox95 like this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'll let you guys figure out how to move that conversation to OT... not even sure where to start.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I raise you.

Loosely still on topic. Supplying alternative music to the masses in the event the bug appears.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's a fair cop.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

:oops:

*Whistles

19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

This one is actually awesome. Could be a song in an easter egg stage where disco light frantically hover on the battlefield.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I wish there was a better version somewhere, but --

Best music, best map.

I love the music for this game so much.