CP token packs are a joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

4000 gold for 3 bronze, 3 silver and 3 gold tokens (10% chance gold --> plat token)

Honestly. Plat tokens were 250 gold before. That was 200 CP or a fully CP'd champ. Now you need to spend 4000 gold and get 425 CP (or 2 and 1/16th of a champ CP'd).

What ticks me off:

• Outrageous prices on the token packs.
    • No option to buy single tokens, only packs

NUX experience looking great.

2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Burn, Gedden and Corticles have both already stated they are looking to resolve this in the next few days. No need for yet another thread on it.

Goyo likes this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so... a token pack walks into a bar.

Sirius and Monyx like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I checked the first 3 pages and found nothing. If it took over 2 days to just revert it to the old system, a new thread is justified. This is a pressing issue.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

When I saw it I laughed and I asked myself.. Do they really think anyone wants to spend 4000 gold to level 3 champs?

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

It is madness... fact

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah it already annoyed me and then I saw you had a champ that wasn't CP'd in your bg, as an old player at high ranks that's a joke.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Honestly, I was baffled when I notice they didn't even remove the whole CP thing, but also the tokens and put the pack thing. Obviously they need a gold sink, and I used to believe tokens were quite a decent option at that (I remark the 'used to', past verb), but now I'm really, really annoyed at their existence.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Nemorga likes this.
  9. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Why you no like running lvl 1 champs for 40 games until it gets 200cp?

TeaScholar and Monyx like this.
  10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Honestly, I like my champs at level 1. It means they can't be Confused by that annoying Voil Jester in SP, and they don't lose as many abilities to that stupid Hekatian Voidraker from UD. Yep, level 1 champs sure are great!

Monyx likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wish is pretty OP in your bg dude

12. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Gotta agree lvling champs has become a serious pain without easy to grab tokens :eek:

13. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Can we just get rid of this CP-Leveling system (a.k.a. "grind 'till you wanna die") thing, please??

14. PharumM

PharumM Member

i wouldint want to see cp on runes gone its fun - yea now its a grind like there's no tommorow
    but when gold token ware 100g and plat 200g it wasint an issue
    there is no reason to remove it

15. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

You are mistaken.

What's fun is choosing an upgrade from a selection of 4.

CP itself 'not fun'. It's a pointless grind that adds nothing to the game.

Ballballer and Zenity like this.
  16. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

CPing is yet another barrier for new players to enjoy the game... more so at the current price. Probably from an economy point of view it has some sense but it sure draws away some players too, so it is quite difficult defending its existence.

Zenity likes this.
  17. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Player forced to lose lot of ranked game in order to increase lvl of Champs, or spend 4.000gold to max 2-2.5champion.
    450gold = 20min 22.5gold/min And we have 3.5 hour of grind per champion. And if u have like 10 new champ in your bg , you need to walk all circles of hell to start play ranked with with fully CP'ed champs.

18. PharumM

PharumM Member

no cp is ok if tokens cost like before 200g you spend litle gold on tokens but if you need to level up 5 champs tis 1k gold its 1k gold away from 28k pack that's just good economy not too hostile

paying 4k for Bane Shift tokens is just madness madness i say

19. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

7 months later...

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That necro.

BurnPyro keeping it real