Critique my Mirefolk deck.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

circadians.png

Just looking for some feedback and potential advice.

Ive been playing this quite a bit and have slowly tweaked it to cover as many bases as possible without including too many non Mirefolk, i dont really want to run Moog because he isnt a Mirefolk and i end up deploying him every game too because Titan counters so many things, i think the Circadian abilities are very strong as theyre global and activate on deploy but i just cant find a suitable replacement.

Any advice on how i could improve the deck?

Upgrades:
    Caecaelia: Regen and Stun
    Arcanist: Adept Arcanist and Grant Aura
    Chronologist: Nora Shield and Swap
    Enchantress: Premonition and Invig 2
    Merchant: Mirefolk revival and Shatter
    Songmaster: One has Flourish and Water Front, the other has Bastion and Water Front
    Glowing Slider: obvious
    Moog: Resist rank 1 and Sustain (cheapest build.)
    Ctharia: Water Front and Pawn
    The Thing: Water Front and Tidal Wave
    Tide Master: Leap 3 and Domain
    Shamfie: Detection and Trail: Water

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

If all Mirefolk were as beautyful as the last one, I would play them.

Sorry, I have no advice to give, but I want to hear others :)

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Hmm, initial thoughts based on my personal preferences, take it for what it's worth:

1. Why only the one Circadian Arcanist? Personally, I feel like the Acanists are one of the best units available to the theme. Not only is Transcendence generally better than it first sounds (and it can serve as Psuedo-Detection against most Stealth units), but it's just a really solid ranged beater for the cost.

2. I personally think it's worth investing in Invig 2 on the Chronologist. With Ripples, you can get huge gains out of it (swap can too but...), and it's far less finnicky (and less likely to expose your Chronologist) than Swap. However, it's probably fine either way. But with the number of Ranged units you've got... it might be worth considering.

3. I'd probably be tempted to cut the Enchantress and have one of the Merchants go with Resurgance. If you feel the need to run 4x Revival you could get a Templar (or two). I suppose this would depend on how often you get good use out of Premonition.

4. I know it's "water generation" and of course solid healing but I just don't like having 2x Slider, would go 1x instead. This is very much personal preference though. Plus you've got Moog with Sustain as well, so you shouldn't lose out on too much healing. I also personally prefer to have at least 16 champions that can potentially grab a font easily. While not too much of an issue on some maps, the Slider's Lumbering can very much get in the way with a relatively bad turn 1 draw. (and this would make room for that Templar if you went with my above suggestion, or maybe a random Pirahnid if you want more of a singular threat)

5. I think with Moog it's worth the 2 extra Nora to help better protect the remaining 99 nora investment.

6. Spells and Relics all seem fine. I'd probably consider an Aquatic Talisman in place of the second Bandoleer (you've no lack of water gen), as it can work very well with The Thing and Voodoo Shamfie (and in a pinch possibly Ctharia, though the first two are far more common uses).

EDIT: I don't use it much myself (personal preference), so I always forget it, but if you find the room, it's always worth at least considering Slipwater.

EDIT2: I don't know what's going on exactly, by my browser showed me the IMG you posted, and now I can't see it, it's been a problem I've had on this forum for a while, so I'm going entirely off memory for the Slipwater suggestion, dunno, maybe it was there but I missed it. Anyway. Have fun and good luck.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Anima26

1. I cut one because shes uber squishy, i tend to summon her for the Aura to bypass defenses or for Adept to bypass One with Nora. I took out the 2nd one a while bk for more variety. I feel like Mirefolk have a Bane Shift ton of ranged options as is and i dont feel like i lack in that department.

2. Have only recently started using her so i may well experiment with other upgrades but i like swap, i love it on my myx coordinators too. It does make her cost a lot more.

3. I got Enchantress in there atm as more of a flex slot, was trying out Premonition and an extra Mirefolk Revival cleanse. I like to summon a Merchant early on for shatter and aquatic armaments. So that leaves me with only one cleanse. I may well drop the Enchantress however, depends how much i get use out of Premonition.

4. I run 2x atm because people like to tunnel vision the Slider, which costs very little to deploy and is not a huge threat. Having a second allows me to let my Slider soak up damage knowing that if he dies i can just deploy the second. Definitely a slot that could be used for a different rune and yeah the turn 1 bad draws can be a real pain in the ass.

5. Yeh i might just take Resist rank 3. Hes expensive either way. 3 digit nora costs just dont sit well with me. 99 feels so much better than 100 xD
    thats why they always sell crap at 0.99 rather than 1.00, feels so much better even though the difference is minor.

6. I run 2x Bandoleer because its the best equip ive found in FS that utilizes Merchant. With a Merchant out and then equipping a Bandoleer results in +3 dmg from Aquatic Armaments then the +2 dmg from Bandoleer, on a double tap thats +10 dmg. I use it as a power turn thing and i like it so far. The bandoleers do provide water gen which is helpful bonus sometimes, and dont forget the +1 def and mobility. If they get shattered thats good for me because i can re use them and proc Aquatic Armaments again. Really helps The Thing get rolling with Leech Vitality too.

Also you can go for more dmg on a double tap if u deploy a Mirefolk Resurgence champ for the +2 dmg, then equip Bandoleer for +3 from AA and +2 from the Bandoleer for +14 dmg on a double tap. You also gain 2AP from Resurgence and AA combined. I love the Mirefolk racial abilities, i love how they really make me want to run Mirefolk only decks. Some may find that restricting but i love it.

Dont run Slipwater because i usually have a Tide Master and Moog out who dont benefit from it. Slipwater is much better in a deck with melee Pirahnids as it allows em to close the gap and bypass Beserker a little.

Edit: I might drop a Slider for a Mirevixen for AP gen, Heals and that 7 range. Shes a particularly nice target for Bandoleer due to her having the 7 range. Her squishy HP can be helped a little with Banner and Loyalty. I was also contemplating trying out a Fentek Servant for Defender but Moog/Tidemasters put me off.

Edit: As good as Moog is, i will drop him at some point to make the deck more Mirefolk. Not sure how i will replace him though, maybe Templar as atleast he has access to Unstoppable.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

True enough, it's just that she tends to do a bit more damage than the other ranged options, which rely more heavily on resurgence/fealty

I also play with Ferren, so I know how fun Swap can be. :)

Fair point. I was more focused on general usefulness, rather than that synergy specifically.

Fentek Servants are pretty cool, and though Tidemaster doesn't benefit from Defender, remember that Servants also have Marsh Awakening, so it's not that bad of a combination. If you get around to removing Moog, Servants are a great way to bolster your units to make less squishy, and because of that Awakening on top of Resurgence and all that, can sometimes provide some surprising damage for the base stats. It can be hard to find room for him though, and I'd personally lean toward Templars first as well.

6. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Every mire deck is different, and it's because every mire player usually can run them differently.

I still run frenzy, bloodfiend, and regular Pirhanid in mine, but I also run lots of slipwater and silly power turn stuff. Call me old fashion.

Anima26, SPiEkY and Leadrz like this.
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Bloodfiend destroys pretty much anything it can get close to, i'd definitely run one or two.

Anima26, SPiEkY and Ohmin like this.
  8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I would substitute x1 slider for a Mirevixen, she heals like a boss, one of the best supports, trust me.
    Also, have you ever tried Piranhids? Cause you seen to lack in font line champs, and Piranhids do a excelent job.
    Also, try Bogh Paladins for Water Gen if you are struggling.

About the others, Schimitar of the Deep can be a good increase do DMG. Water Generator can be your savior in long games. Ans slipwater is amazing for not spending ap on movment.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Needs more pirahnids and slipwaters, yo

10. Anima26

Tried a few different variations. This is what i have atm, i like having the abundance of Mirefolk: X abilities.
    I feel like the deck would probably be stronger with Moog, but i wanted to cut it to Mirefolk only.

mf.png

Only things i think id still be cool with changing are 1x Arcanist, 1x Bloodfiend, 1x Enchantress, Aquatic Talisman.

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

How are you guys running Bloodfiend? I'm finding the cheapy Berserker 2 Enrage 1 pretty tempting, but as Enrage is so cheap the extra ranks are quite tempting also.

12. Anima26

I run him at his cheapest iirc. Enrage 1 and Beserker 2.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I always go Berserker 3. 7 Nora for +1 SPD +1DMG is just solid, better than if you'd gotten just +1 SPD as an upgrade. Since you're "stuck" with Careless no matter what I think it's worth investing in the stats, though Confuse I suppose can nullify it.

With Enrage I don't like going higher ranks. 2 Nora for sometimes +2 Damage is okay, but it's not my favorite, and with Berserk 1 he's already 76 nora.

14. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i dont know, but it feels like the ranged mirefolk have enough magic damage as it is, arcanist seems abit excessive i feel

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What the Fudiddlyuck is up with that nora cost.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

when it comes to mire folk, the uglier the better.

17. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

How does pirahnid warrior fit inside, i know he isnt semi (which makes me sad) but he has a tonne of support like commander and all which boosts the ranged mirefolk weak damage output, but dont see anyone running them.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

He is good. I run his 69 point build. And since he is a mirefolk not being semi-aquatic really does not matter much. He has most of the strengths without a lot of the weaknesses.

gamengamenut and Anima26 like this.
  19. Anima26

As in?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Avg 60 makes me cry

Anima26 likes this.