Crystaline split ST/IS?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by darklord48, Jun 10, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've been playing with a crystaline circus deck, but wanted to see what a split would be like. I decided to go with ST/IS, but also considered ST/FW and ST/SL. If either of those would be better, I appreciate suggestions.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cfjcjvcumCfkcfzcflc5PCa1Cd9c4BCpdcons31S6dS87R2GRHR2TR2Deh

My budget is limited, I only have the crystal dragon due to the generosity of @Poxjedi. I don't have any UD, KF, or FS runes, so those are out. My ST is limited, but I should be able to trade for some of it with the rune pool. I have most C/U/R for IS, SL, and FW. SP I have mostly stuff used for Slags and Kanen.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think I've seen an IS/ST crystal deck. Kinda relies on efficiency rather than fancy synergy tho...

2 Crystal Dragon
    2 Crystal Golem
    2 Crystal Howler

rest is goodstuff
    Jakei Elder, Kas Guide, Grintmaw Shaman

jakei heretic shroud + grintmaw shaman
    grintmaw shaman + luminescence
    nohkando/kas guide + granite bracers gheyness
    crystal dragon + crystal golem = crystal KB + Swoop

u basically have anti range measures, anti melee rush measures, and distract from howler while most of them being cost efficient. dont forget +1 AP ...=win

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Even better when you combine Arctic with the IS font bonus. That's why I have the ice caster, it creates ice around it.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you are going to split with IS, you'll want 2x crystal golem right?
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cjvCumCfkcfzc24Cflca1c10c4c26CjxCgas7Ks4BS2LSlsNs87r2GR2De2ye3i
    What about this layout?
    Kas masters as devotion triggers because they are elusive that goes well with deafening aura as anti melee, they also have slam that you can mix well with deafening aura and force barrier on golem.
    Added a hondmaster to have drive and boost beast, I would have preffered a couple of Lonx beast tamers to use vitalize for the scarlet wings but we need the jakeis.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What about this build? It keeps the Kas masters for the reasons you mentioned, has the Shamans for heal mass, dampen, and sonic damage.

I switched the Scarlet Wings out for Singers to relocate relics, and has a Ice Caster instead of the Wingmaster for ice front and reclaim.

I can get away with one less champ using heal mass from the shamans instead of divine heal from the phoenix, allowing me to use Imbue Luminescence to add to my nora gem synergy.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cjvCumCfkcfzCflca1Cd9CdqcpdCjxs7Ks4BS2LSls6dsNs87r2GR2De2ye3i

The weakness I see is a lack of detection, but Deafening Aura should help with that pretty well.

6. GabrielQ

you lose serious ranged power, and I don't think that relocate relic makes up for that.
    Imbue luminiscence I would include if I were running a fist of bastion or some crazy tank in that style.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Well, I have more of the stuff for your build than mine, I'll give it a try.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

9. GabrielQ

Absent masters, my second choice would be kas adherents, because they have NKD 2 and 1-3 range, so they'll work fine, they are also nice imbue luminiscence targets in certain matchups. You'll have less range so you should be particularly careful with your griffins.
    Ice casters are nice but they are squishy, that's why I choose kas champions over them.
    Also, Icecliff patrol is nice, but I opted for wingmaster in first place because you have already some 2x2 that you want in the frontline and because ice veil will hinder golem's and houndmaster's mobility, and it's not like you can opt for not running IS walking champions like you'd do in a beast splits because golems are auto.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I see your point about the Icecliff Patrol impeding my IS champs. I swapped it for a Frostwing. All the Kas are the current release, so I can't forge them, any suggestions besides them?

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Spamming the same image all over the forums just gets your posts reported, and you added to people's ignore list.

12. GabrielQ

what about poxbox?
    if not, you can use jakei mindstriker or jakei shadowstriker, but frostwing's dodge 2 is tempting too.