Current state of Lonx and ideas

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Gaedel, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do see a couple Lonx being used with Beasts (Azaren, Lonx Beast Tamer), but outside of that, I hardly see them at all. Do they need a racial similar to "Drunk Dwarves", Barbarians racial, Leoss racial, Dog Pile, Salaman fire immunity, etc.? Or is it just me?

Are there any ideas currently out there? Are there any ideas anyone wants to introduce?

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Commander: Ranger
    Commander: Lonx
    Improve Speed
    Improve Damage
    Bulwark: Lonx
    Camaraderie
    Logistic: Life Siphon
    Logistic: Flanking

I like all this, I won't give them any racial, just synergy.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

no more improve range q.q

Goyo likes this.
  4. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Lonx are fine if you ask me. Considering how "racial themes" are a big factor when it comes to deckbuilding these days it's actually surprising to see how many Lonx are runable outside of their given theme.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I played lonx a couple of week back when I still actively played, pretty sure I only lost one game with them, and I did considerably better with them than I did with some Meta bg's. Only problem I came across when I was playing lonx was colossal due to Lonx having no 2x2's except for Tusk, so you're forced to break the theme with 2x2's that are not lonx or just surrender and lose against the oh so balanced colossal units. So what im trying to get at here is Lonx are in a good state, but possibly they need a 2x2 unit, dont really feel like they need a racial introduced.

KingJad likes this.
  6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well atm, I am planning a change that would give recruiter a more lonx focused role.

KingJad likes this.
  7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Very good, very good. Would anyone mind posting some Lonx-themed battlegroups, please? Maybe we can get Lonx more playing time!

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Warchief + Channeler + Shredder + Striker

9. KingJad

those lonx are in every lonx bg.

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Goyo likes this.
  11. KingJad

I run him x1 bcuz reasons.

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Ran Detection on both and then one with hunter wrath the other protectorate. However hunter hero may prove more useful instead of hunter wrath until things change

Goyo likes this.
  14. KingJad

nice to know im not the only one with alternate hunter abilities proc and wrath

15. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Shredder is a hidden diamond, MA 1 + Shredd armor is really great! It has won me many games with my FF Lonx bg.

Goyo likes this.
  16. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I tried playing this once or twice about forever ago. I actually won for some reason but I think I was just playing against scrubs. It has a blue traitor in it because I believe that 65n are worth the motivate and DEF-boosting-minion spawning in about every deck out there. The rest is probably more or less standard. Except maybe for Healing Hand. It seemed like it would do well with the Throatrend Lonx but I don't recall actually using it in the few games that I played.. so it likely blows!

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

They also have Reveal Race, an 8 nora ability that does something like what a 25 and a 30 nora spell do in other battlegroups (though to be fair, demons and dragonkin are much more widespread in their factions than lonx).