Dark Healing

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sokolov, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Does anyone give a crap about Dark Healing on Tormented Priest?

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Isn't it on him just for fluff reasons?

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I run him in my Lich deck for soften.

Dark Healing is a nice extra but not core.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Dark healing is absolute ass. Would prefer to have the old decay ability like what was on prevamp obsidian venger if given a choice

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It's not absolute ass but it's incredibly inconsistent and matchup based.

Great against SP, FS and (generally) KF, useless vs ST, SL, FW, UD, mixed bag vs. IS.

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It's cheaper and better than SoD so definitely not ass. Tormeted Priest could certainly use some more exciting abilities though, his current kit is pretty meh.

7. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Yes i do care about DH because of FW.

But it should work like SoD, not as it is now. If it should be like as it is now it should affect all forms of healing, spells, regen, etc. It might be op but as it is now it is so situational that it isn`t really worth rely on it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY and aseryen like this.
  8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yes, I do.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop-restricted_item#legacy

Pox needs to get this kind of system implemented into the game.

SOE pumped runes out way to much, DOGz not nearly enough...imo this campaign/crusade on balance has lasted long enough. Here's what you should be your main focus for Pox

What does this mean for Pox:
    1. Runes forged/purchased should represent a specific seed so that in later patches Legacy Runes are created for non-pvp gameplay. This can spill into PvP as the developers see fit.

2. (Legacy) Game Formats can/need to be implemented to encourage/discourage certain gameplay. This is vital for anyone who wants a relevant look at why/how people play with specific mechanics.

2a. Game modes can be restricted to, for Example: SP vs SP or even more specific to SP Voil vs SP Voil; there's plenty of us that want to help create awareness and flesh out this game that we can get mirror matches set up...

2b.This requires the devs to take a long term look (over 2-3years worth) and determine what it is they want for this game. Personally if I was working there I would want a model built into my game that I can proactively look back and say this is what has been modified on this rune over time.

3. Add the Artists names into the rune display EVERYWHERE on your game. Honestly, learn to respect the people that have made your visions come to life. Make up your mind, do you want us to use the Rune Checklist or the Ingame Client as a Rune Database; I expect every bit of information relevant to the rune on both...I'm tired of hopping back and forth from Website to Client to see who made the Rune Art...no wonder no one plays your game...there are too many schemes? built in to direct players away from the client...

TL;DR: With Legacy or Seeded runes, we can take a proactive look at what has been done to a rune over time, and potentially implement those older seeded runes into the rune pool or at least allow them to be played in PvE.

Speaking for PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE players...take a good long look at the words (RUNE)CHECKLIST,/DATABASE/MANAGER, and for the love of the all that makes sense in the world, clearly define what it is that you want each of those to do and be...please...

"All I want for Christmas 2020 is Pox to be..."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I actually think dark healing is the reason to run tormented priest, and torment, shrive, dispelling blows, and boost are what hold him back.

Healing is really overpowered right now, and even in its horribly inconsistent state, dark healing feels like one of the most powerful utilities when it is useful. Decay is meme tier bad, anathema only is useful with strong cc (design wise), well designed skull of decays suck vs SL and st ironically due to well designed global relic kills. Which leaves you with inhibit on crossbones (one of best ways to counter healing) and pestilence (very risky, but quicker and accessible).

If I could pop a tormented priest down against even IS or ST (since divine favor is really well designed) id include him, but for the high price point, he doesn't bring enough. Dispel is useless sure to ennervating collar. Needing to hit a target to dispel is even worse, since that is half the reason you want a dispel in the first place.

Varthas likes this.
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- If you really want Dark Healing...you just run Maleficia not tormented priest. It's like old camaraderie or Aid: defense... if it ever gets put on a cheaper unit you just drop the expensive one usually.

11. DiCEM0nEY

But she's not a skeleton. Also, curse does kind of synergize very well with her ap drain in non witches.

You are going to miss out on quite a few perks not taking a skeleton, such as spurs, dark rising (ranged damage), altar of bones, and boost.

12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Nor a lich

13. Varthas

Also this thread was about the Tormented Priest, wich back in the vanilla days was really special on the board when facing certain factions. When the game had alot fewer types of heals, it was mostly champion based, and the Tormented Priest had a great presence on the board.

14. Sokolov

Thanks for the thoughts.

This is an interesting point, tho I am not fully sure how true it is. Back in the day, Rejuvenating Fountain and Desperate Heal were 2 of the bigger sources of healing and neither were champion based. That said, the latter is affected by Dark Healing.

15. Sokolov

Is there a reason we can't just replace Dark Healing with Decay? The ability that's on SoD? I mean, yea, TP won't heal then, but that's partly why I was asking about whether people cared about Dark Healing itself specifically.

Yea, I am taking a look at him for a rework. If you have any requests let me know.

SireofSuns likes this.
  16. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

What does this have to do with this thread... Make a thread for all of that stuff instead.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I would prefer to have the More reliable effect of decay. There's too much stuff dh doesn't trigger on & the additional global healing is pretty miniscule.

Thoughts on potential rework for dark healing. When target champion is destroyed all of your champions are healed equal to the targets maximum hp divided among each real champion you own. CD 6 NORA 14

18. DiCEM0nEY

Altar of bones, one of his better synergies, I think is coded as a heal.

Ritual of destruction and even rite would also not work.

Also, the idea behind skeletons is that you have a bunch of versatile warriors, (with no racial), you want them all alive and doing damage, helping each other out. Dark healing fits that idea and synergies very well with bone cloak, bone ele, bone shredder, and broken bones.

I don't see a reason to use the inferior tomblord. He was much better when he had defender for sure. What holds him back is dispel and tormented, 100%. The third boost option isn't bad in and of itself, but it can't complete with tl even if ppl ran firk mask frequently.

Let me ALSO say this: I don't know what sod is, but decay as a spell, SUCKS. 35 nora for that GARBAGE that even if chained with another decay does not indefinitely (cds) stop all healing is bad. 35 nora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Stops my own healing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To put it in perspective, arctic wail is 25 / 50 nora, and stops all relics, IMMEDIATELY. I'm spending 35 / 70 nora to potentially stop enemy healing, and do some regen damage... over 6/12 turns...

Are skeletons being nerfed again btw?

19. Varthas

I got you.

I said that TP had a "great presence" on the board, what i ment was that the TP had a "greater" presence then it currently has on the board. One game i was struggling so bad because opponent had two or more champs with heals on the board(Priest/Paladin deck), and his heals was winning the game for him., and i couldn`t find the nora to deploy TP to counter him(i felt i would for sure lose if i deployed TP), and when i finaly decided to retreat and deploy him, it quickly paid back in spades as opponent started to heal his(and mine) units back up.

So i guess i was talking from my own experience from a specific era, wich may as you say not be historical correct, but to me it feels true.

What i would have liked is that DH effects all forms of heals, spells, champ abilities etc, but lower the amount from 50% to maybe 25% or even 10%. It doesnt have to be OP but i would liked it to have a broader effect, and more easily understood on the battlefield.

And regarding the rest of his toolkit, i would have liked maybe Curse rank X, Blind, Hex, Ruin, Pull or something more easily utilised. Afflict i find i often end up just killing the unit thats afflicted before TP is hurt with champs, and also since TP is so squishy i try to keep him out of harms way wich makes afflict as good as useless on this champ to me.

Anyways most important to me is DH and i wish DH affects all heals but with a lesser amount to prevent it being OP.

Thanks

20. DiCEM0nEY

Here' what I would do

U1: leverage lich
    U1: surge spirit
    U1: amplify fire

U2: boost skeleton
    U2: forsaken exploit
    U2: fire acolyte

Dark healing

Role: dmg support, core rune

Attack type: physical (spirit benefit) or fire (ud benefit) or magical (skeleton benefit). Careful about fire damage type, because it might cause fire acolyte to be over run compared to exploit since it would give self healing iirc)

What he brings : his main asset is dark healing, and his ability to synergize with lich skeletons.

Currently lich skeletons can't be run, because they don't have a great access to boost, the main Skelton benefit.

U1: Lvg lich is for using with eternal lich, bca and cleric unrest, and toll taker mainly.

U1: Surge spirit is for lich magistrate synergy, revenant synergy, lerper synergy, and lich spirit theme synergy.

U1: Amplify fire is for fire lich and ud lich synergy (new rune also).

U2: Boost skeleton helps skeleton be more diverse and not only rely on tomblord decks (aka dark rising decks)

U2: forsaken exploit is for pain curse, revel in misery, and hex decks, something that lich and lich skeletons can do. It is also for witches, which have necromancer for boost. Lastly, it synergies with pure skeletons, who have hexes (bca toll taker, elastic culler) and rabid (bb crawling corpse, **cross bones**, cb would take inhibit tho bc it is too valuable atm even with dark healing because healing is fn op)

U2: fire acolyte is for further fire synergy, since fire amp itself makes u wish u had this ability.

@Sokolov

Please tell me why idea is horrible, and why it shouldn't be implemented like you have done every single time.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017