Discussion: Patch Notes: March 26th, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 26, 2015.

1. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I AM THE VERY BEST.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I prefer Jellebrium ninjas.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

does bulwark fairy count for 3 with moonlit?

chickenpox2 likes this.
  4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I know you don't.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, here goes.
    For those of you coming with snapy replies dont waste your time, just close your eyes and pretend Im giving you the finger. I do not find you guys funny, at all, hope you are having luck in real life with that behavior.
    Rant over.

On the changes: Im just very disapointed to see this amount of buffs to the runes. Unfortunately, they are being introduced into a non balanced environment, so instead of slowly making the game more balanced, they are trying to flesh out themes by introducing more unbalanced crap to the meta.
    I could make a full thought out post on which champs are good, too good, bad on my opinion, but I just dont have the will.
    However, a quick glimpse at the non champions buffed just makes me think the changes were rushed and made without cautious. Flat 10 nora discounts on runes is absurd, I dont think people care at all about the impact they are going to have on the meta or on the game.

So, theres that. Im not "excited" to play new toys at all, I want Pox to grow - but I honestly dont think that will happen, because most of the folks around here dont care about balance, they just want their things to be OP. But whatever.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you don't need to ask its probably still no

claydude5 and Bonice90 like this.
  7. Bonice90

talks about behaviour, gives the middle finger

Joker, Rokkushun, Tweek516 and 6 others like this.
  8. chickenpox2

i love how moonlight which was one of cheapest champs got a damage buff now its more expensive

9. Pedeguerra

Tries to bash me, welcomed to my ignore list.

10. Bonice90

what would be the nora increase with those 2 dmg?

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Probably 4 Nora. I can accept that.

12. Bonice90

that seems acceptable

13. chickenpox2

3-5 but moonlit is now about 69

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I would be concerned if you did this before knowing any of their nora costs. That would be a fairly silly way to determine balance.

They weren't rushed. If you compare the suggestions to what actually changed, you will see a fraction of what was suggested got changed, and many cases what changed was not what was suggested either.

I spent a lot of time on this patch and I very much care about the impact of changes on the game.

Stating that any particular value of change (10 nora discount) is absurd is absurd - there's always context and nothing is always good or bad. Some runes have simply never been utilized because they were not worth it, others have been eclipsed by newer runes that cost less and do more.

I want Pox to grow too, and so does pretty much everyone that plays the game. You don't have a particular moral high ground here just because you claim to know or care about balance better than anyone. You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true.

Joker, voodoov, Alakhami and 18 others like this.
  15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I need to do the math on retreat, I've wanted that to be useful for awhile.

JellyBerry likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It hasn't been useful in a long time since some nerf... I don't remember what the change even was.

17. Bonice90

can advocate get a way to inflict dmg, not just being annoying

chickenpox2 likes this.
  18. Pedeguerra

I was mostly referring to the players who proposed the changes, Sok, but ok.
    Of course I would expect YOU specifically wanting the game to grow - you are paid by the company, and we are the customers. I dont think others share this concern, though.
    My "moral high ground" comes from my expectations and experiences I have, I can talk about from wherever I want, as much as you do. Im not implying anything nor talking down to anyone like these guys are doing today.
    You guys can hear me or not, Im not making you do anything.
    I, however, am positive that if you had any idea on the direction you wanted the game to go when you took over, you are loosing it. This is my point of view, simples as that.

19. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well it wasn't a nerf...it was released with giving 100% of the nora cost back by accident and I loved it for a few days. funny enough it didn't even blow out any games or even do much it operated around the same level as a sac obviously better, but it could of been worked down to a similar level, the value of having a rune in your dock and not on CD is only relevant in the smallest sub set of games. the nora is selling point of retreat.

the issue is usually that you are giving yourself a massive tempo hit removing your own guy from the field and fully paying to recast the unit on the next turn, honestly i'd be happier if he got relocated to the shrine with a heal and stasis.

after the change if you had a 80 nora champ you could retreat it, and minus the cost of the spell get a 0 nora profit, meaing you need around a 100nora champ to make use of the spell so I still don't except much from it.

i think 40 nora is the right cost but the refund should be a little higher maybe 60-70% would get me to run it.

20. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

I wont pretend to be a "know it all" and state that you are wrong or right . But everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and be mad about stuff they don't agree with. To me , Pox is relaxation , a way to leave all the stress from a busy working day and enjoy the game. Its not perfect , its not balanced like an acrobat walking on a wire but as long as there are Devs who care @Sokolov and try the best they can to make it better , I will keep playing it , will keep paying for their effort and in exchange I get relaxation and fun.

Pattn199 likes this.