Dispel and Cleanse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Blink's intended and main use is for bringing your own champions back completely restored. As it happens, it's also a counter to Doom.
    They have nerfed the other use of the spell with the 5 LoL dmg/turn, but it is still usable in that manner and IS is great at being sturdy and healing so they can withstand the 5 LoL for a while; just not forever, like before. It is not unusable in this way no matter how hard you try to convince others/yourself of this.

Vertical Push costs 55 nora, not 35. It also has less versatility when compared to Blink.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IS has the best counters for Doom.

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Get your Firking facts straight before you post more bullshit.

4. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

IS may have "on paper" the best counter for doom, but check this out, angel of protection 89 nora gets doomed, now you can go few turns with it on, and as we know fw will have 2 to 3-1 champs out already, come time to blink or d touch you are stuck with chosing weather to summon or blink, ofc u blink and now you are behind on champs, as the runes you need to bring out are expensice, while 16 zombies are in your face. you say it like as if we have infinite nora. when nerfing and buffin they always conisder the faction and it's potentioal except when it comes to IS, and that's only because IS haters cry to the devs about this and that, and devs listen but the moment an actual IS player says something zealot this zealot that. I challange anyone to a match they play IS and i will use my most hated faction with 2x doom and see how efficient the blink or d touch is then we can come back and elaborate, since this is a one sided keyboard warrior spectacle.
    msg me any time for the match and we can prove this theory once and for all...

5. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

i could've sworn vp was 35 nora, ok i was wrong about that i didnt notice the nora increase.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Something like Doom being uncleansable is required for it be runnable. If you have 3 turns to find and use cleanse to remove Doom it would need to cost a lot less as the risk using it would simply be too high. The inevitability of the spell is what makes it useable.

Cleansing something like Hammer Strike is not going to remove the 10 damage, extra damage taken from attacks and give back the AP, and requires an answer emmediatly.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Norathat, I don't understand why in EVERY single scenario you use, IS is losing.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

It really blew my mind that he's playing the faction with the most counters and complaining.

scrampy, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ok doom has it's own built in drawback; your opponent will not attack the unit it's slapped on for 3 rounds.
    Which means you have 3 rounds of free attacking and contesting. Which in turn means you can position said unit however you want.
    For IS this means you can attack a few times and make the unit retreat and blink it with ease.

Somehow being able to attack freely and then still getting to keep your champion is too OP to beat? I don't know why I'm trying to reason with an irrational person but people really need to learn to play around things rather than just get stuff nerfed until you can beat it.

The spell could cost 5 more though.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, if you are playing IS and are having trouble with Doom, I know what your problem is: git gud bud.

Ok, seriously, rudeness aside, there are plenty of ways to handle it directly and indirectly, and even beyond that it's possible to just change around your unit movement to optimize your effective nora. I can cover Doom in more detail when next I see it used in a game, and link a video from here. It's understandable that some people would have problems with it: there aren't as many 1-for-1 counters to as other problems in this game.

The best way to learn to beat it is to play it. Some of FW players calling it balanced is based in a desire to protect the runes they value, but another part is that they may actually be right. Invariably, a FW player has the most experience with Doom; it is at least an option if not a direct actor in every single game they play. It's easier for a player who has seen Doom in many forms and instances to understand how to manage the spell appropriately. So play several games with FW using Doom, or, baring that, incorporate the advice you get from other players who are experienced with using it. This advice may come indirectly through watching games or directly through asking for it, but there is plenty of information out there.

WhatTheHex likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Probably because he's usually losing

Sirius likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the hard work everyone.

This week's patch is already pretty full, so most of the fixes for THIS thread probably won't get in for that patch, but it'll come in future patches.

Legato likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.