Dissapointed

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Goyo, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Maybe it's just me that I'm losing the enthusiasm for Pox, but I felt really dissapointed with the "massive" clause of the patch. I found it just a regular large patch.

Dunno, just wanted to check on you if it's more of me or you also felt down on this...

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Didn't change as much as I thought it would tbh. Think the main difference is that it changed a lot of mechanics and not many champs. A lot of things are slightly different, not much is completely different.

Still happy with the patch though.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

All of this and more was supposed to be released with the midterm patch. So ya it's not massive because Sok broke it up into different patches so y'all would stop *****ing about there not being a patch.

So yes, sounds definitely like a you thing. Try to change your perspective and stop looking at things so negatively.

SireofSuns, themacca and Tweek516 like this.
  4. Tweek516

I agree with you, but I don't think that this has been announced at all so how tf would we know this.

Also it was over 4 months between patches. Imo its alright to start being a bit bored of the meta and wanting a patch to spice things up a bit at that point. I understand a lot going on etc. but still.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's definitely alright to be bored, but he's saying he's disappointed the patch wasn't bigger. This patch will shake things up for a couple weeks.

Think of it like this. We're back on track with the "normal" pox schedule. Expansion 29/Big Patch - Patch (even though it took so long) - Patch (Smaller to fix an OP/immediate concerns) - Midterms/Big Patch

6. Tweek516

Sure, but I think most of us (myself included) thought that this was the massive patch sok kept going on about.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It was that patch. There were significant changes with this patch to many themes and the most bug fixes pretty much... ever, which is where we focused our time and efforts - bugs.

This is one of those areas where we can't win. Lots of individual champion changes and people will complain things being unstable. Focus on bugs and people complain about lack of gameplay changes. Focus on mechanic changes and people complain about collateral damage and bugs not being fixed, etc.

We can only do what we think is best for the game.

eSmokefish, SireofSuns and Tweek516 like this.
  8. Sokolov

at the same time, part of it is too that you can't play the same forever no matter how much we tweak unless its a complete overhaul. At some point it will still largely be old hat. Nothing lasts forever.

SireofSuns likes this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'm curious what you wanted changed. Admittedly I returned a mere days before this patch, had no expectations, and honestly enjoyed most of the changes.

So I'd like to hear some things you wanted to see changed

10. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Is freeze on icesnap fixed yet? Didnt see it in patch notes.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I wanted to see deep changes, the "massive patch" was misleading in my opinion. This is a regular patch with a lot of content, but Pox remains as is. I can't see how the current Pox can retain console players...

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I can see how the current pox can retrain console players, I cannot see how the console version of pox mixed with the pc version can retain players, at least once you throw in their sheer inability to trade and build a collection.

I was going to go on about how strong some of the changes were but you are right their are only a handful of changes worth talking about, and no matter how impactful those changes are IMO, if you were expecting a redesign of every faction from the ground up that won't be enough for you.

13. Sokolov

I wouldn't expect "deep" changes anymore. I have no plans on any type of "revamp" style of things. Pox has had such a long period of instability, I'd like to see what we can do with it when we aren't doing major overhauls every year.

Anyway, I personally felt this patch was quite large - it had months of work in it. I apologize if you felt misled, but in terms of time invested it was, imo, quite massive, both on the bugs front as well as on the design front - with the rework of heals (which included adjusting many champions), major bug fixes to many things that were broken (the bug list along is like 70 items long, which is probably more bug fixes than the rest of the year combined), etc.

calisk, SireofSuns and Tweek516 like this.
  14. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

please add draft tournament..

15. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

This, ironically, is what people were asking for for years. And now that it's happened people don't like it. 'sigh'

Small expansions with bug fixes are good. I like those.

16. Sokolov

That's not entirely fair either tho. Goyo may very well have likde the bugs part of the patch and just expected more design changes.

17. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

LIFE ISN'T FAIR.

That means I win right?

18. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Thanks the bug fixing just makes it easier for new players to learn the game.

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I liked everything in the patch. Bug fixes and specially code cleaning and consistency changes are the ones I like the most.

I just didn't find it worth being called massive. More likely I had too many expectations, like midterms, new content sneak peeks, more equipment and spells revamps...

I understand and fully support stalling design changes, as long as the efforts are doubled to make every interaction consistent and predictable to unexperienced players.

Wishes are made on christmas :) [​IMG]