Draksar BG, Help + Playstyle

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Goodkeenan, May 5, 2014.

1. RKane

RKane Member

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/deck/cpmcpZc2aCt=CjFcoDcj4Cqac66c7XCtbcgBs6Ls8oS3Ms6ws4isas84s73S7usYrPr2q

Try this one.

Took out the draksar that were just okay, put in some more power. Spellset was decent, but could be optimalised. I'm only including double guards because they're dumb with call to war. If you don't have dreadnaught, get another shifter in. I'd love to put in another shifter cause he's sweet as jelly, but now the bg has a bit of everything so you can get a taste of all good runes. (btw gunner is hot Bane Shift) The reason I don't run two paradigms anymore is because he's so fragile. Blackscale is too meh to run twice. Oh yeah always run at least 1 DB in every bg you have. 2x burning sands would be lovely, but I can't fit them in. Put in the doctor because sweet jezus.

Any questions?

Sirius likes this.
  3. RKane

RKane Member

Nice touch. A couple of q's. Wouldnt skywing patrol work with call to war for a forward deployment? Isnt the titan a bit pricy for a setup bg like this? Is spellsword and bookburner worth considering? Isnt Valdac worth it in the light of call to war, possible raven tongue interaction?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1. even if you'd get the combo of, you'd only just pay for his price. Maybe. He's so damn shitty now it's unreal. Without ranged sunder, it's just not happening.
    2. He is pricey, same as Vindrax. But man is he a beast! He can smash face and tank at the same time, worthy include. If you prefer cheaper, get another shifter.
    3. No. Just no. Spellsword is really mediocre since he lost some core stuff in the revamp and bookburner would be if he got some minor tweaks, not super shocking right now.
    4. Valdac is just too overcosted right now. Don't pain yourself with it. I mean, Call to war, is okay with it, but the raven summons die instantly mostly so it's meh. Overall, valdac is just so poor for a 100 nora champ.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Valdac is not bad for 100 nora, but the problem is there is no place for a pure support for 100 nora (in any bg IMO). 100 nora of neither tankiness nor damage is too much of a tempo hit, unless you already have stuff on the board, but then you lose out on +2 dmg on your stuff. Although if I start meeting more range magic dmg spam I will consider using him, cause he can tank that and kind of gets better as the game goes on.

6. RKane

RKane Member

7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Is high marshall worth using?
    He looks rather blah to me.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think he would be better if he was a 2x2 to allow Empathy to affect more champs. He does cause adjacent champs to regen 1/2/3 HP on top of whatever regen they have, which is enough to counter the damage caused by Dictate. The problem is within Draksar there are no sources of Heal Champion, Heal Mass, Charged Heal, or Healing Breath.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Looking at some of the older posts in this thread...
    I wish Draksar Broodqueen still had Invigorate.
    Now it seems it just does detection and not much else.

10. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Now broodqueens have only detection, so i prefer running a forerunner, while instead of invigorate i'm trying 2x draksar morph, a little costy but haste and metamorphosis are great support abilities.