Drunk Griffin?

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 22, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Intoxicated Griffin
    Faction:
    IS
    Race: Beast, Class: None, Size: 2x2, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A Griffin trotting haphazardly with a broken mead barrel on its neck/beak.
    Flavor-Text: "Dammit! They got into the mead again. Slef - Dwarven Handler"
    Nora Cost: ?

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 43

Champion Abilities
    Flying:
    This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. Immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded.
    Wandering: At the beginning of your turn this unit moves 2 spaces randomly towards your enemies Shrine or Avatar. This unit cannot spend AP on movement.
    Manic: At the end of its turn, this champion moves 2 spaces toward the closest enemy champion, and makes an attack against that champion if possible.
    Swoop: This unit is relocated to the closest non-damaging space to target champion within 5 spaces and makes a melee physical attack at +2 DMG if able.
    Tail Sweep: This champion makes an attack at 50% DMG against every opposing champion within 2 spaces. All champions damaged by this attack have -2 DEF for 1 turn.
    Drunken: When this unit comes into play, it becomes Intoxicated for 6 turns. While this unit is Intoxicated, it has Iron Will and Fearless.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Berserker 1:
    This champion gets +2 DMG and Careless.
    Ability #2
    Ability #3

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Keg Toss:
    Area Effect 2, Range 4: All units become Intoxicated for 6 turns. Opposing units take Physical damage equal to 80% of this unit's DMG. Champions successfully damaged are knocked back 1 space and gain Earthbound for 6 turns.
    Ability #2
    Ability #3

Wandering, and Manic make for a weird combo. Swoop give some maneuverability. Tail Sweep for flavor. He has a high base dmg, but begins the game with the Drunken penalties, and has no basic attack to make great use of it.

Not sure what to do with the Upgrade Paths. I honestly like the thought of Keg Toss's animation having the Griffin thrashing its head back, and forth until the Keg flies off. If it gets the unique animation, then I think Keg Toss should be moved to base replacing Swoop, or Tail Sweep, and putting it on the upgrades.

I am honestly smitten with this idea.

Thrash as a possible upgrade?
    Cleave as a possible upgrade?
    Ability Consolidation of Drunken, and Flying. Possibly Wandering as well.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Leadrz and Xirone like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So does that mean it gets debuffed due to Intoxicated? Or is this a Dwarf also?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wandering + Drunken is funny flavor tho :D

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes it gets debuffed due to Intoxicated. Race/Class added. "Oops..."

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Reckless Flight instead of Wandering IMO

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Thought about it. However Wandering + Drunken Flight is more amusing. This champ was originally meant to be a parody rune for Wild Griffin. I quickly lost sight of the parody, and started to make him is own rune. I have another idea for 2 Barbarians that are Similar to the Brubaker Brothers. (Sibling Ability, and Similar roles, and Weaponry.) Within the Drunk Theme, and the flavor texts would be.

"Wahnt to go clubbin?"

"You Axeing me?

Idea. Ability Consolidation:

Drunken Flight: This unit has Drunken, Flying and 2 ranks of Sentry.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The drunk theme is just prime material for funny runes. The link I posted above started as me wanting to make a stupid rune that fought with a broom and had the sweep ability and it turned into a full concept that ended up semi-decent. I was kind of dissapointed that it ended up as a serious concept when it started as a joke.

Tweek516, IMAGIRL and Sokolov like this.
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i love that he got no basic attack cause hes too drunk

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I slapped this together.
    [​IMG]

damnfoolishyeti, poinl and Leadrz like this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty