Dryad Queen

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gorebucket, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Dryad Queen (KF - Elf, Plant, Treefolk - Shaman)
    Damage 10, Speed 6, Range 1-3, Defense 1, Health 45
    (52 Nora for stats using Wilderkin Snakedancer as a base)

Attack Psychic (+2)
    Abash (+6)
    Hunter: Charmed (+5)

Upgrade #1: Psychic Aura 3 (+6), Majestic 1 (+9), Majestic 2 (+14)
    Upgrade #2: Fascinate (+3), Dragging Attack (+4), Psychic Magnetism (+8)

Total Cost: 74 to 87

A strong standalone champ that can be even better in treefolk or elf decks. She gains an edge against champs that attack her or ones Charmed by other units, making her a nice combo with the original Dryad or in a theoretical 'seduction' deck. Her first upgrade penalizes enemies in melee range and her second upgrade helps draw them into said range. The 80+ nora builds give her significantly more staying power than the barebones 74 nora version.

IMAGIRL, Gnomes and Xirone like this.
  2. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

If your making a dryad queen i want surge plant/treefolk somewhere. Also why make her melee, considering dryads are ranged :(.

3. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

1) I didn't want to suggest a carbon copy of the ranged/surge Dryad we already have. I'd take one (because Dryad's are great and who wouldn't want to 4x them) but it wouldn't be very original. Instead I opted to make one that compliments the existing Dryad (by dealing extra damage to the enemies they Charm) and has it's own Dryad-like talent (attracting the unwary).

2) Range 1-3 works better for her build (she can still attack the enemies she lures in for Aura or Majestic)

3) Her reach is only 1 space less than the original, so she's not exactly melee... just has the flexibility to do both

That said, it would be easy enough to remix the upgrades to allow the choice betweem Hunter: Charmed and Surge: Plant.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

We definitely need a Dryad Queen.

Ifem21, IMAGIRL and Gorebucket like this.
  5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yeah, I think a new Dryad (even if not as suggested) would be an appealing addition to the tree theme while not being exclusive to it because they are also elves.

6. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

probably not a unit like Dryad queen...they might add a "lesser" unit who focuses more on the support side i'm thinking......maybe even a sadistic Devotee dryad...oh..i would love to see that.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

A dryad king would be boss. No one ever thinks dryads can be male...maybe there is only one!

8. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

YEAHHH.......like THE ONE AND ONLY dryad king........forcing loyalty amongst subjects and being the object of all other dryads (cuz well, he's the only guy so....).....could have "support" cards like :

Dyrad worshiper
    ability : Revere (name here), the Dyrad king
    When this champion is in play, the dyrad king costs 10 less nora and this champion gains surge:plant and nature's connection

something like that

Xirone likes this.