Extended Set Packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spineyftw, Mar 10, 2015.

1. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

Do you guys open these? I've been grinding out gold for the past 3 days or so and I've yet to pull anything good. Has anyone packed anything worth mentioning?

2. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Isn't it way better to save for a box?

3. spineyftw

Probably. I've just been experimenting with the individual packs recently to see if the box is worth the wait.

4. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

you get ur desired runes way faster by checking poxbox for valuable runes to trade in from the basic set (grimlics descent and above) and than grinding the sh*t out of skirmish with the fitting faction.

Also yeah always save for the box :)
    hf

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A couple Demologists. A Obby V, Void Spiders, several others. I get lucky with them every week. I avoid the boxes. Just does not seem like a good time investment, even with the discount.

claydude5 and spineyftw like this.
  6. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Go for a box, My last one gave me 4 exos, the one before that 2 exos and a leg.
    Gold is awesome, and I think the current rate is about right. If I grind hard just over 2 weeks for a box, which doesn't seem long to me but I have been playing for a while now, so two weeks of pox seems like a drop in the bucket.

7. spineyftw

Seeing things like this makes me think that packs are worth it.

I think I'll be making a thread where I open gold packs and boxes and share my results

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Correction. "I get lucky with them every other week or so" Could have sworn I added the rest of that.

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Mathematically, boxes are certainly better gold value, if that's what you're asking. Just because the pricing gives you a discount and there's a guaranteed exo.

10. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I always found it a lot better to save up and buy an extended set BOX you have the guaranteed exo and it feels better.

spineyftw likes this.
  11. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Which is kind of bad for new players.

I always figured it would be better to remove boxes for gold alltogether.

Just make it so that after you buy 10 packs for gold OR cash you get one Exotic as a reward. With something that shows your progress: e.g. 6/10 packs FOR YOUR FREE EXOTIC RUNE!

A box would no longer come with a guaranteed Exotic BUT you would get an Exotic as it would be 10 packs (so in a way there still is a guaranteed Exotic).

Keep the prices the same (so a box is a bit cheaper, but packs don't feel as worthless as they do now).

Cheers,

Josh753

vitor, super71, IMAGIRL and 3 others like this.
  12. spineyftw

Definitely. But from experience in other games these things can sometimes defy your expectations.

13. spineyftw

I've decided that I'm going to open 10 packs and 1 box and post the results here. I know it doesn't prove that one is better than the other, but I think it'd be fun to see the results.

14. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Box is gonna be better almost always. You pay less gold and you get more. We don't need to compare the 2 options because we already know the expected average. There is no experiment to conduct we know all the statistical data already. Because it is stated on the packs and boxes itself.

Just save for dem boxes.

15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I second this idea.

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I never get any Exo or Leg ever from packs. From boxes, I get the 1 guaranteed Exo and if I'm really lucky, I get like 1 more. For me, it's not worth it either way.
    It is more worth it to spend my time in another game than grind 1 month for an Exo.

17. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I regularly open a box every 16 days. For the price of 9 packs, it gives me an aditional pack with a guaranteed exotic!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY *virtual* MONEY!

EDIT: I do all daily achievements and skirmishes, including the training game one. That gives me around 2000 coins.

EDIT2: All that not counting ranked games, normal games with friends or any campaign I might do as well.

18. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

I opened 3 extended boxes in the last month and the results were :
    First box : two exotics and a legendary (good)
    Second box : Only the guaranteed exotic :(
    Third box : Two exotics (ok)

Edit : Fourth box = 2 exotics

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm impatient and always buy the packs.
    I've probably got a few boxes' worth so far, and I've pulled at least half a dozen LEGs, as well as about a dozen or so Exos.
    I seem to have pretty good luck buying packs, though.

20. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Bought a box and grabbed a single exo.

But that has nothing to do with anything because it's percentile based.