Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Maybe SP zealots should just stop trying to fight our battles for us. Here's a thought.... maybe the dedicated KF players actually know whats best for their faction, and the SP zealots only THINK they know what is best. huh.... interesting ....

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That is a good point. It could be somehow based on the # of runes revealed?

Etherielin and Pathfnder like this.
  3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

You have 2 choices about your bonus being changed. Do nothing and accept that you will have the worst bonus in the game, or complain like hell. I know which 1 I would do.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Dude, stop already man. Jeez. The bonus is being changed, whether you like it or not.
    There is no way you can "predict" if the new bonus will be the worst or not. What the heck.

Woffleet, Etherielin and DarkJello like this.
  5. Pathfnder

Tip of the Day: Compare the number of likes you have to the number of posts you have made to determine how your ideas line up with the rest of the community's.

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Sorry to be disagreeable, but most of the community would need to have valid opinions BEFORE that metric could be statistically significant.

7. Vorian

I do know its going to be the worst bonus from using initiative. Initiative is good but what they are getting sounds like bollocks. I know initiative 1 is good, but not that game impacting. This is going to be even less game impacting.

8. Pedeguerra

How could you possibily say that if you have so limited experience with the game?
    Seems you only found out about that Gravity Flux combo today.
    Come on, man, have some sense.

9. Vorian

I know initiative 2 can be game changing. I have played over 2k games, and at least 50 of them were using initiative champs.

10. Pedeguerra

Having a lot of games has nothing to do with limited experience.
    For example: if you have 2k spread over the course of 5 years, playing once a month, against people in uncommon league, your experience is limited.
    Either way, Im not getting into this. Just wanted to say that you should stop because you are either: polltroys alt; discrediting yourself to the point everything you say from now on will be considered stupid.
    Have a good day, bud.

11. Pathfnder

I do agree with you there. My post was mainly directed at those community members who believe their opinions reflect those of the community itself. Whether their arguments or the communities arguments are valid are irrelevant to my point. You for example, while I don't always agree with you, a ~50% like ratio shows that many in the community do. I can therfore assume that when you have an opinion, there are many others that share the same opinion. Likewise, when someone has a ~10% like ratio, I can assume that there are very few who share the same opinion, and thier opinions should not be considered very representative of the community as a whole.

Having said that, I do believe that most of the community members like yourself shape their opinions and suggestions in the best interest of the game. Therefore, based on that belief, when I see that their opinions are shared by many others, they deserve some more consideration.

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  12. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Now i realized something funny. I have said before that there is kf effect and rascism against kf. Now i think i have the best proof ever.

We have discussed in the past that kf speed bonus is worth about 8 nora and that this is in line with what other faction bonuses are worth in nora, cost wise.

We can all agree the new faction bonus is not even comparable in power to initiative 1 or initiative 2, one ap per 2 champs instead of 2 ap per one champ and 4 max instead of 7. Now lets look at poxbase. Initiative 1 is 5 nora and initiative 2 is 8 nora. So by logic and fairness, if we loose the speed binus, should we not be compensated with something similar in nora cost and similar in nora cost to other factions. Well thats initiative 2 then. Not this mini initiative (nora cost 2?), not initiative 1 (cost 5) but initiaitive 2. What u kf nery guys have to say now? All other factions get 8ish of nora from faction bonus, now and in past, but now u all accept that kf should get 2-ish of nora cost as faction bonus? So ud should be nerfed down to 1 dmg to compensate, st to 2 hp etc or what? Do it first devs and im sure no one will complain about kf bonus getting nerfed afterwards.

SOK, this new info should deserve a comment from you i think. Will u nerf other factions from 8ish nora to 2ish nora cost for fwction bonus too, or thats just for kf?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  13. Vorian

This is along the lines of what I have been trying to tell people. How much is 10hp worth 10 nora? 4 damage 2 nora? I am really just beginning to think the KF people supporting this change are thick.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That just determines NWO membership.

15. DarkJello

I am starting to think you are swell. Avatar is groovy, and now we each find the other mostly reasonable. Too bad I am already married. ;)

16. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

People just hate KF being faster because they want to have 8 speed champs that ALSO have high defense and tons of hps and tons of damage...

KF champs cost around the same nora to deploy.....so if they devs are sayign they calculate that +1 spd as 8 nora then that cost usually gets paid for by cuts in defense stats and base damage and HP<----the hp is the really obvious one. Except for trees KF runes have tiny hp pools. Look at runes from FT and ur like well it started with 60 hps but now its got 75 cuz banner and faction bonus....no biggie.

KF tank is like hrmm well I got 39 hps plus banner and if Im lucky there might be a 70 nora boost champ somewhere nearby for another 6 yay!

17. Vorian

Well there wishes for having tanky champs will soon be granted as they will need them to compete!

18. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a "mini flanking" idea for the faction bonus. Something like +3 or +4 damage if the champ being attacked is engaged to a different unti. It fits the theme/flavor of the faction (Woodland creatures helping eachother, the melee distract the enemy front line while archers fire away. Would have a lesser impact on melee (They would not benefit from flanking unless another melee unit was engaged). Encourages faster play as you need to engage in order to reap the rewards, something that most KF BG's avoid doing. The bonus would also not have hard counters or be dictated by what the opponent is doing, you are in control of your engagements after all.

I think the biggest complaint would be that it is too similar to the UD bonus but I think the playstyle and strategy would be enough to offset it if enacted. While UD units specialize in being better 1 on 1 KF will rely on teamwork which fits both faction's identity. The current mini initiative suggestion is too reliant on how your enemy is playing (strongest against cheap, efficient or swarming BGs but non existent against say super champ or UD/IS BGs).

Sidenote: I think 3-4 damage is appropriate as the UD bonus gives 4 for melee and 2 for ranged and does not have the engagement qualifier.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  19. Vorian

If you want this to happen you need to make a thread about it and get some support for it!

20. DarkJello

Ummm, well, ummm... Explain why this thread aint legit enough.