Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Because its not in the general discussion area and no one pays attention to the faction forums, at least the devs dont.

2. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sok must be posting here on accident then...

Poxbrothers, ChiaoLung and DarkJello like this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Currently page #18 within the K'thir Forest Forum. Do you main KF Vorian?

4. Vorian

Nope I am leaving cya and good luck saving ur faction because ur gonna need it!

5. DarkJello

I am touched by your concern. Safe travels. And now a pic.

[​IMG]

6. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

I'd like to add some feedback on the proposed changes. I understand the need for the change especially when this is done within a general tone down of all faction bonuses. I also understand polltroy's fear of loosing a special playstyle, which may be the style I also like (even if I don't like his way to vocalise this hysterically).

The reason why I play K'thir since the beginning, is to play…

…fast matches
    …surprising long movements which shift the battle to another place (AP storage, yay!)
    …disturb the opponents buildup, I know if he's done I will lose

So this is all about mobility, the problem is speed & AP can be used on any abilities and attacks as well, which makes the current speed bonus really hard to balance. The best way would be to differentiate Movement Points and Action Points, but this would be too much effort for pox. The realistic way will be to revisit the champs carefully after the change, give some speed bumps to the Fae and others and add abilities for enhanced mobility.

To add some concrete proposals:

• Ability: "Swift Mind" Like exertion without losing life, but gaining pacified. Maybe additional clause to need lot of AP to ensure it can be primarily used on movement (e.g. needs 9 AP to gain 13)
    • Ability: "Forced March" The opposite of Blitz, losing DMG while moving, to ensure fast champions are not to good in combat (melee only)
    • Ability: "Run or Hit", AP 3|CD:1|Gain 5 AP|This Ability is part of the attack chain
    • Maybe there can be 0 AP Abilities like teleport, which reduce the speed for the next turns. E.g. "Time Teleport 1", 0 AP, reduce the champions speed by 4 for the next two turns.
    I have full trust in @Sokolov to handle these changes carefully, even when this won't be finished in one single patch.

7. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Very well said. For me this is what KF is and reason i choose the faction. Unfortunately this is not the direction it has taken recently, with more and more tanky units, moga style of low cost elves and now this idea of promoting passive play with the new bonus. I hope SOK and others rethink and let KF again have at least the possibility to allow this kind of fast paced play style that some of us love so much.

8. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

A small change on Soks current idea that I personally like more as you would get the AP faster but not as fast that it would cause drawwins.

KF Faction Bonus
    FF: When deployed, friendly champions gain 2 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.

Split Bonus: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 2). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.​

Maybe a font bonus that grants Norashield for 3 turns would be cooler than Mobility, although that might be considered to strong.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Apart from that OP font bonus, I think the bonus idea is perfect.

ChiaoLung and Poxbrothers like this.
  10. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So much debate still on going. No surprise since this is just an important change. Has there been any hint as to when the final decision/change will go into effect?

11. polltroy

This one feels more fair compared to other faction bonuses. Still not in line with old bonus for FF, but actually better for split. So this one i feel i can support. Still the issue of course of turning kf into ranged (passive) moga, but i can see some fun playing around with this for a while.

12. polltroy

I will try to be constructive and propose a new option for change. What about giving KF this instead, then the speed can not be used offensively:

FF: gain ready 2 and +2 max ap
    SPLIT: gain ready 1 and +1 max ap
    Font bonus: same like now, gain mobility

This way the faction will still maintain most of its characteristics, but the extra 'speed' can not be used like a mini multi attack any longer. Also it will be much harder for devs to justify prenerfing kf champs and that could stop the creep against cheap moga style champs in kf. Also it loses its speed bonus for second turn font grab.

13. Poxbrothers

Ready would cause draw wins which is the main reason our bonus will be changed.
    On top of that 2 ap cap is really strong too imo.

I think this is stronger than our current bonus which is not what we're looking for.

Sincerely,

Josh753

14. polltroy

Somehow I thought ready only activates second turn, but actually it activates in the end of first turn after deploy, so would have same early game advantage like speed, so my mistake.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. DarkJello

Reasonable.

16. Vorian

I think you hit the nail on the head, rather than address bard, nectar fairy and rage of the circle they have decided to nerf the bonus. Champs should not have amazing stats for 60 nora without some draw back like g'hern bound.

17. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

As opposed to the additional 1 AP storage I'd argue for a "To a minimum of 1 AP".

18. Poxbrothers

Won't happen because than drawwins are the problem again.

19. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So is the new bonus coming into effect with the midterm? Sorry I am WAY out of the loop.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

When this proposed change goes live there will be no reason to pre-nerf KF champs. It opens up a lot of design space, and I think some of you are missing the point of this change.
    Sure it sucks royally that we'll all have to adjust to a new play-style but, balance is the key here. Fixing select champions does nothing when the common problem is speed.

Etherielin, xezno and Sirius like this.