Fae Skylancer

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gorebucket, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Fae Skylancer (KF/Fairy/Warrior)
    Damage 9, Speed 7, Range 1-2, Defense 1, Health 45

Attack: Spear
    Throw Javelin
    Fairy Flight
    Skylancer - This champion does 30% more damage to champions with Flying*

Butterfly Wings - Target champion gains Flying and Mobility for 6 turns**

Upgrade 1: Reflexes 1 (3), Reflexes 2 (6), Reflexes 3 (9)
    Upgrade 2: Encouraged (4), Surge Fairy (5), Domain Vegetation (6)

Image: An armored male Fae protecting others from attacking birds, voil, insects, whathaveyou...

* This is the ability on the KF Avatar (a weaker version of Windstriker).
    ** Grant Flight would work if it were fixed. It still behaves as Levitate as far as I know.

Notes:

Fairy Theme: Skylancer brings another choice of physical melee to the theme. The Encouraged or Surge Fairy upgrades help maximize his offensive potential, as does using Butterfly Wings on an enemy for an additional 30% damage.

Tree Theme: Skylancer has some great coincidental synergy with the tree theme (I wonder why? :D). Butterfly Wings can be used to mobilize Lumbering treefolk, or as a nice kill enabler for Skylancer and Oakthumper. Encouraged or Domain can be taken in lieu of Surge as a source of damage ramping that would work well in this and other themes.
    Windstriker Module: Oakthumper + Tree Spider + Skylancer + Butterfly Wings could make a nice mechanical theme deck by itself, though a dash of synergy from the other themes will probably help optimize it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Surge and Skylancer is terrifying to me (Moonlit Fae have numerous, and many Fae are fairly cheap anyway, so Surge Fae is particularly good, and of course Encouraged is also a good option for other BGs and there's plenty of Entangled sources as alternatives for triggering Skylancer). I approve.

I'm not sure about Charm. Charm on male Fairies is perfectly fine, but this armored and obviously militaristic one seems unlikely to affect enemies like that, from an aesthetics perspective. Health and/or DEF seems a bit too high for a Fairy, and, generally, all these abilities/stats together would probably put it on the expensive side nora-wise, so reducing one of them might be a decent option to trim back on Nora. And it would give more incentives to choose a defensive Upgrade over Flight (which currently feels like an auto pick, particularly given SPD 7).

Gorebucket likes this.
  3. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yeah, I'm not married to either Surge or Charm. Encouraged or Domain would be adequate considering the potential for +30% on top of it.

Finding a good defensive upgrade for fae is difficult, so I'm open to suggestions on that. Block might work for this guy, being armored and all.

I'll knock a few points off his stats, but he can't be too fragile. Glass melee in a glass theme doesn't help it out much.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Agreed.

Block or maybe Reflexes (1 or 2) could work. The new defensive stats look much better to my sensibilities.

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Reflexes sound good. Will go with that. Thanks. :)

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you should have fairy flight on base

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

My thinking was that you don't really want a melee champ getting defenseless. But on second thought, if it's down to 15 HP it's only an attack away from being dead with or without it.
    Add to that the switch to Reflexes as the first upgrade path, and there's really no reason not to have it on base. So yeah, I guess I'll just move it up.