Ferren BG help

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Clipped955, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

I've recently gotten back into the game (the last time I played was during Ancient Awakenings) and really need some help making a viable BG. I used to main IS but I feel like after watching some of the new IS decks it would be too expensive to update that faction. I also used to play a bit of ST and after getting a Ferren Ninja and Ferren Wanderer from some free packs I feel as if im fated to play that faction again. Any advice on how to build a deck around these two cards?
    I have enough extra exos to trade out for maybe 4-5 other exotics that I may need. but I'd rather the deck not be too expensive. I already have 1 Jakei Frost Queen, 1 Yeti Berserker, 2 Blinding reflections and 1 Juya White-Eyes.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The less expensive deck in ST are Yetis with no dumb Legendary on it. Then Lonx and Ferren has only 1 Leg.

I wont point out any more since Gabriel will come soon with all advices you need ;)

3. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

I was actually lucky enough to get a Fae Oracle from one the packs so I may end up trading that for a Ferren Dancer if need be. Is the dancer considered to be a good card? Looking at it I think that it's definitely not bad but alot of the other legendaries seem stronger. Maybe its because I haven't seen her played yet?

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

ferrens are really hard to play, I wouldn't go for that if you are returning. you got quite the budget with two good legendaries, you should be able to play whatever you want (within reason) in almost any faction, minus things with legendary enablers like, say, zombies. So, with that in mind, rethink about what you want to play.

5. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

While I appreciate your cautionary advice, at the same time I'd still like to see what a Ferren BG would look like. If for nothing else than curiosity. I played a BG with 4 ferren in single player today and while I'd agree that they're hard to master they're also quite fun.

6. GabrielQ

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Juya with this bg could have Freezing Strike, right?

Also, what about Tundra Disciple + Cloak of Ice? And why no Ferren Master?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  8. GabrielQ

I guess one could upgrade juya freezing + piercing, but she's really in here for good range damage output in a 2x2.
    There are ferren masters here.
    tundra discipline is good, but coord is better IMO
    cloak of ice is ok but gimmicky, I prefer the raw power of the other options

Goyo likes this.
  9. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

Looks pretty solid, but whats the purpose of the blizzard cloak and harmless baubles?

10. GabrielQ

blizzard cloak to save a champion, harmless bauble to slap on a hard to kill champion

11. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

Trading is hard. I can probably get the runes needed for that BG but Poxbox doesn't have them and everyone on the trader wants to rip me off exponentially. Umm.. So what decks are both cheap and fun right now? They dont have to be from ST.

12. GabrielQ

13. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

Thanks. You've been far more helpful than I could have hoped for.

14. Luvadata

Luvadata Member

Ferren Sucks Man i losse a lot match with ferren :(

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

i think they are alright I lose more matches than i should but they are still alright

16. GabrielQ

ferrens are hard but they are far from sucking

17. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I was looking over the BG and one problem I think Ferren suffer from is the lack of alt dmg in the group. Ferren Dancer is the only one.