Ferren

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Beasts for life, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov What's being done to ferren racial? If they do get a racial can you give us a little insight? Is there gonna be a ferren in next expansion? Just curious.

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Aint most ferren monks? Since I would rather see a better monk theme ability".

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is a Ferren, and if you look at the Tundra Reformation thread, you can see how hints as to what direction Ferren are going.

I can also confirm Ferren Focus WILL return with the next expansion.

Ifem21, Beasts for life, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  4. Beasts for life

Alright cool thanks sok.

5. daeminicus

Hey @Sokolov what I really miss in Ferren after playing a few games is some anti-ranged abilities. I would personally love Shroud on one Ferren.

6. Beasts for life

I think a couple just need evasive

7. daeminicus

Either that, but I think Shroud could be favorful.

For example:

Ferren Windwalker (U)

Attack: 8
    Speed: 7
    Range: 2-4
    Def: 0
    HP: 41

Cost: 65-75ish

Base abilities:
    Attack physical
    Gale (15 nora)
    Ferren Focus

Ability 1:
    Chilling Disciple (3 nora)
    Wind Aura (6 nora)

Ability 2:
    Nokhan Do (8 nora)
    Shroud (8 nora)

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You never cease to amuse me.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Still. Saying he is "rather tanky" just because of his HP is a serious flaw in the concept of "tanky", thats why I was amused.
    In any game, for a champ to be considered tanky he must have other abilities that enforce that role, not just a high pool of HP (leaving aside the fact that you are considering the 15HP from things being tagged on it).

10. daeminicus

@Sokolov are disciplines more or less removed from Ferrens and the game now? Since most Ferrens doesnt seem to have it anymore and some of them got another class then bard.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes.

Goyo likes this.
  12. daeminicus

Thx for quick answer and for cleaning up some abilities.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thank you very much <3

14. Beasts for life

for ferren focus can frozen last 2 turns?

15. daeminicus

They need more then frozen 2.

One issuse is that it takes 4 attack to trigger sunder and 5 attacks to actually get use of it the same turn. Next turn atleast one ferren will more then likely be dead since htey are small and squishy.

Other issue is that I belive they need more champs at 75 nora or less. They need to be cheap and focus more on numbers and stacking those debuffs. Atm 3 ferren is likely played below 75 nora and thats few.

With cloudwisp they got another ranged option with alt dmg source, thats great. But Ferren need better gapclosers then Swap. Swap should also be 1-2 ap to use not 3.
    I notice that most games your small, low damage, Ferrens keeps on bashing your opponents tank, since u cant reach his/hers other units.

Ferren Dancer also need Dispelling blows back, it was one of the key abilities with pre-patch ferrens.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  16. daeminicus

Me and Ferren last 2 days.
    2 of the wins are with frost/elemental rest are Ferren.

upload_2015-8-20_12-9-48.png

17. daeminicus

What shatter options are you using in Ferren?

18. Nazzurs

Nazzurs New Member

Is there any reason right now to run a full Ferren bg? There's no Commander, Surge, Bulwark, Logistics, Camaraderie, Aid Defense, Defender, Improve Speed/Range, or Boost to reward a racial theme. Seems like you could get away with cherry picking the best ones to debuff and then fill in the rest with shatter and good stand alone units.

19. daeminicus

I run FF Ferren, because I like them, they have their weaknesses, they need improvements etc... But I would not like to have abilities like that. They dont really need it.
    They just need gap closers imo, maybe call of the hunt or relocate: ally. Swap 3 AP is expensive.

They also needs way to deal with high def units and units being buffed by spells etc, so dispelling blows or dispel would be awesome for Ferren.
    They need a max range 6 champion imo.
    Some sort of detection would had been great to.
    I would also like to see a champion with hinder movement or any other ability to add slow to a target to faster trigger sunder on Ferren focus.

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is the meta aproach, and while it is true for most of the situations, we would like to play Ferren as a rewarding theme. The trick is to change stuff that doesn't gets over the top in the meta, and helps the theme.

I would like to push this, and get 2AP if anything better comes in handy.