Fire BG help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Greysands22, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I am not really a FF UD player, but I came across some runes and figured I'd put a BG together.

What do I need to fix, it seems underwhelming so far, but that might be because I have like no experience with it.

[​IMG]

OK so made some changes I am pretty happy with the BG now. This is the updated version. TY everyone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Demonliches are 2x auto - cleanse, dispel, fire amp, magic damage, acolyte and eater. Nuff said.
    Mino Flamecrusher - This guy just hates on everyone as well as being a good candidate for tinder box. Too efficient to leave out.
    Lower beast of sheoul -Absorb and fire acolyte on alt damage (psychic).
    Magma Elemental - Extremely dangerous if he can get into melee with 6ap. Knockback into lava will almost 1 turn anything on its own. Add a magma cloak to your bg in case of facing ST if you run this guy. He has vuln frost but he still worth it.
    Cinderpede - Better alternative to bunny lord.
    Mandate of sheoul - Slap it on a sheoul demon and with any luck it will pay for itself due to essence capture.
    Head of osarius - Stealth relic to keep your opponent guessing (with some luck).
    Calignous Cauldron - In case of fire resist/immunity.

What I would take out-
    Avenging flame - In this bg i wouldn't use as id rather cast it on a summon I plan on dying than a real champ. Would rather keep champ alive and find another way haha. Set Ablaze one of your own champs and cast a baneshift for a funnier version.
    Demon Shield - Half the bg comprises of elementals and your heavy beaters all have some kind of range hate/ def mechanic that enables them to close in. Wouldn't even bother with it. (I could be biased here as I am trying to ween myself off this equip).
    Arsonists - Too squishy for 1-3 range as well as having vuln. frost. I am suprised if this guy survives to hit anything.
    Bok Mistress - She has nothing to add to a fire theme.
    Bunny Lord - Don't get me wrong I love this guy. Tends to get focused fired and he has nothing in his stats to prevent it. Huge nora sink and your opponent wont mind throwing some nora at it to kill it. Get Cinderpede if you can afford them.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

err u need some alt dmg so you don't get completely destroyed by Anti fire champs / bgs (think salamans) .... ditch the mistresses for demonlichs ( magic dmg ) , ditch acrid smoke everyone has a cleanse nowadays. switch avenging flame for Retribution, now you have 4 alt dmg champs... 6 if u count the archer shot from bok raiders ... maybe if u can find space for one more champ that works with fire and does non fire dmg , gl :) also i personally dont like the x2 orb .. maybe ditch 1 orb for a head of os ( stealth contest and 8 dmg cheap always good)

4. Greysands22

Thanks making some changes now. Some things I can't afford right now but good advice both of you.

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

If you add caverunners or ember wasp (or another fire volatility unit), you may want to add a summon borghas and use a bomb/volatility module. If you do, consider a demonologist as well. Pawn allows you to bomb the demonologist and the fire volatility unit, with the demonologist taking damage and the volatility unit releasing two pulses. You look like you're going for a more standard amp bg.

In that case, if you keep the arsonists, having a cloak of long knives helps immensely with their survivability. Or you can replace them w/ goblin dirtbags, which are a more durable/versatile source of fire amp.

Depths Doombringer can be a good source of additional magic damage (if you need more after demon liches) and they contest well w/ incorporeal, rend, searing aura and a tinderbox. But liches are the priority.

Consider a firelight gem. It's beastly burst damage on grimlic.

6. Greysands22

Question about avenging flame. Especially in regards to retribution.

Usually I use avenging flame with sacrifice. So that's 65 nora but doesn't have to be cast in the same turn. Also the fire dmg triggers flame acolyte and the nora refund from sac usually means that you can redeploy a champ that turn.

Thoughts on that?

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would say that combo is very situational, but I know better, and I'll recommend you to look out for some caine games for the most shady uses of fire runes.

8. Scarebear

Caines shrine nuke bg haha. Funny as hell but I think borhgas bomb bgs took a bit of a hit with caverunners nerf. Never had the patience to play caines particular brand of fire :D

9. Scarebear

Try the baneshift combo. Set ablaze one of your own champs and use baneshift on it. The debuffs jump to the closest enemy within 8 so it gives it a possible 10 range to set ablaze. Also situational but hilarious.

10. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

Avenging Flame, because you can cast it on summons. And , because you can preemptively cast it. Allowing it to go on cooldown, even before the effect is used. I'd ideally run 1, cast it and wait for the cooldown to end. Then trigger the effect from the original cast, and recast.

11. caine1138

And if im not mistaken, set ablaze bane shift is still causing permanent debuffing sporadically... ie glitched.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Caineeeeeeeeeee you back?

13. caine1138

Just passing thru.

14. caine1138

How are you? ...Agirgis.

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

im good... working my way up the ladder and make name as a UD player... how about you?

caine1138 likes this.
  16. caine1138

Im fine, thanks for asking.

17. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Am I dreaming :eek:
    Welcome back!

caine1138 likes this.
  18. caine1138

19. caine1138

"Don't call it a come back!" - says the lurker in the depths.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014