FS Revamp input

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GabrielQ, May 6, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think it would be fun to copy the thread @Xirone made in the K'Thir forest forums so we can write down our ideas concerning the revamp.
    These are the guidelines (copied from Xirone)
    Guidelines:
    1- Keep it simple and try to have only 1-2 abilities on base (not including the basic attack).
    2- Assume that important background movement abilities like Flight and Amphibious are automatically on base (i.e. they don't count for the 1-2 base abilities I mentioned above). Also assume that important modifiers like Hero and Titan are on base (again, they don't count toward the 1-2 base abilities).
    3- In an effort to identify which abilities you think are most important, only list 1-2 upgrade abilities.
    4- A champion should never have more than 6 abilities.
    5- Don't mention specific ranks of abilities, the devs can decide on that. If an ability does have multiple ranks, those could be excellent upgrade abilities.
    6- Be creative! If you think a champion would be great with a certain ability, even if it doesn't currently have it, suggest away! Do try to retain some of the champion's current flavor, though.
    7- Keep in mind that the fewer abilities the champion has, the cheaper it will be.
    8- If you don't like someone's idea, be decent and respectful.
    9- If you add more info, that's fine, just try to Bold and add color to the basic and upgrade abilities so that the devs can find the info easily

Xirone likes this.
  2. only

only Active Member

Snapteeth
    issues:
    • too strong racial
    • (almost) all of them start with 3 ability pack + gain more from their actual racial.

solutions:
    • consolidated Murkwater Frenzy with Amphibious and 1 rank of multiattack, making Phase Shift be their second (read: flavor) racial.

Murkwater Frenzy - When this champion is within X spaces of friendly Snaptooth, its AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 2 AP. This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.

it means that Murkwater Frenzy would be just 1 icon instead of the current 3 icons-pack (Murkwater Frenzy + Amphibious + Multiattack). note, that their racial wouldn't skyrocket into MA3 etc, it would be stable MA1 (without giving additional icon MA). that should allow them to perfectly fit into new standards of minimalism (in terms of quantity of abilities per champion).

their so-called second racial Phase Shift could be substituted with other similar abilities. Chillan did a good job getting Vaporize instead of Phase Shift. other potential abilities could be Ethereal, Cast: Ghostly Visage for example. however, something like Snaptooth Rider doesn't need ANY of those. he is simply crocodile having a hot chick on his back. give him a break.

Jellebriums

issues:
    • crutching on Firk Mask and Psychic Blast too much
    Forglar Jellyfish being non-runnable in Jellebriums (that's VERY important considering the amount of jellebriums in game)
    Coralwood Lagoon being lackluster (powerwise)

solutions:
    • slightly nerf Firk Mask and/or Psychic Blast to spread their power around. in exchange, rework Forglar Jellyfish to fit the deck and buff Coralwood Lagoon.

Firks

issues:
    • being overshadowed by jellebriums as psychic theme
    • having very little reasoning to be played in FF FS.
    • having no racial

solutions:
    • more design benefitting FF FS firks (something worth playing to give up split Argol power)
    • getting racial might solve the fact that they're overshadowed by jellyfishes so it would be win-win situation.

proposed racial:

Mind Hive - At the beginning of your turns, in the combat log you can see how much nora opposite player (team) has IF you control X or more friendly Firks. This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.

the idea would be that some weaker Firks could get this racial, but in general it should award you for playing Firk based deck. that also could be considered as first step going into more FF FS firks related decks if such a racial would be given to weaker (no split splashable) champions.

Mirefolks

issues:
    • Pirahnids having very blatant designs and probably do not belong to Mirefolks at all.
    • crutching on Slip Water too much
    • Semi Aquatic being not that big of a bound anymore.
    solutions:
    • Pirahnids need a rework and/or becoming beasts/pirahnids (instead of Mirefox)
    Semi Aquatic waterbound restriction to have range 2 form the current 3.

Poisondon

issues:
    Boon of the Undead having 40% resistance and constructs having immunity. RELICS should be enough of restriction!

solutions:
    • most of the changes should come not from FS side, but it is still worth mentioning

MISC:

• more love to plants/beasts
    • solution for Poisonous Fumes+Slam
    • rework Drown to have less restrictions based on race and more restrictions based on gameplay.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Paper Skull, Skullferno and Woffleet like this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hydraxor:
    Attack: Physical
    Quest Damage
    Cleave
    Spontaneous regeneration
    Leech Vitality
    Rampage
    ^Amphibious -> Semi Aquatic
    ^Dive 1 -> Dive 3

Quagmirrian:
    Amphibious
    Attack: Magical
    Hydrate
    Heal Champion 3
    Revere: hydraxor
    ^Splash -> Tidal Wave
    ^Cleanse -> Cleansing aura

Firk Prophet
    Amphibious
    Attack: Magical
    Premonition
    Anthomancy
    ^Revere: hydraxor -> Paralytic Feedback
    ^Divert -> Paralytic Strike

Skullferno likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Firk Savant
    Base- Attack: Magical, Amphibious, Magic Blast, Radiant Blow
    Upgrades- Teleport & Ally: KF*

Marsh Warden
    Base- Attack: Physical, Amphibious, Leap, Arrowshot
    Upgrades- Lay Trap: Poison & Ally: KF*

Massive Anuran
    Base- Attack: Physical, Amphibious, Massive Leap, Fearless
    Upgrades- Damage Shield: Poison & Ally: KF*

Toxic Anuran
    Base- Attack- Physical, Amphibious, Chocking Stench, Poison Cone
    Upgrades- Poison Charge & Ally: KF*

*Keep in mind that these Ally: KF abilities would only be upgrades and there would be other choices in those upgrade paths for FF FS players.

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

For a firk racial isn't having dots from doing psychic damage enough?

6. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Is this a question, or a statement? I cant tell whether you're saying they have contagion on base already, which they don't or your suggesting they should get it.