FS Wish List

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Jan 20, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Where would you like to see FS go? What kind of runes do you want to see?

Here is mine, though the ones near the bottom are pretty minor.

1. MOAR/BETTER JELLEBRIUM

2. More Snaptooth (specifically snaptooth that broaden theme capabilities) and Salaman (specifically ranged salaman)

3. Rework of the Collective so it is less bad. Either by giving it preordained, or making it so it works on in play champions even if it is played later.

4. Better aoe damage spells

5. Sixul rework

6. Aspect of Growth rework

7. Chipped Boulder Monk with Lethargic on UP 2

8. Cost reduction on Nora Incarnate

9. Moog getting Resistance: Physical 3 back

Hekau718 and Leadrz like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

10. I want my spot damage back!

3. doubtofbuddha

Oh right. I would also like a relic like Scouring Jasper, Hive, or Gatling Gun.

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Instant cleanse.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Sixuls not bad, please stop

Ohmin likes this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

Care to lay out your case for this?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nora Generation, Good stats, a way around perserverance, potential AOE damage, a decent tank ability. He's pretty well rounded in all regards for only 80 nora

Ohmin likes this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

I sat down to write up my complaints regarding sixul, and I think essentially what it comes down to is how he fits into the faction and his overall survivability. Fire Volatility and Defiant both feel like sandbags. There is no effective way to take advantage of it in FS outside of him hitting himself with Flame Siphon, and him doing so in front of enemies is a fun way to say, "Please, come kill me! :D :D". Defiant is only useful in very specific situations which you are not going to frequently find yourself in.

So that is the basis behind why I think he needs a rework. Also it is part of the impact he has on the board. The 150Ks for all the other factions have quite a bit of a "Damnit" factor when you play them. They are impactful and scary in their own way. Sixul just does not have this.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Which others do you feel have more impact? Snogvie? I dunno, this feels a bit like "grass is greener on the other side" to me.

But that's just how it feels to me, doesn't mean I'm right or anything.

10. doubtofbuddha

Dugon: Excellent general tank. Trimuphal Roar is superior AOE. Good line of ally boosts. Great in both meta and garu.

K'ento: Excellent defensive abilities and enemy control due to high damage counter-attacks. Also: ping. Good in meta, jakei, frost, and monks.

Inquisitor Magnus: Ability to get out of control with adaptation and generally control enemies. Generally only seen in paladins but very, very good in that theme.

Coragh Two Heads: AOE and constant damage. Very difficult to take down due to bold, but even if you do kill him, he comes back as two more champions. Good in zombies and meta.

Korona, Bok Huntress: Combines good damage, some level of tankiness, and a real threat range thanks to bloodseeker. If she does get in your face you are probably going to die, and then she will heal herself afterwards thanks to the combination of battle leader and bleed.

Shallaxy the Courier: Deafening Aura + Gravity Well + Swap is a great power turn enabler and she combines a good stat line with a low cost. Splashed all over the damn place.

Snogvie: Snogvie's Greeting + Deafening Aura + Fascinate + Sonic Aura means he has an immediate impact and keeps on having an impact throughout the game. Absorb is a real ability, so it is tough to one round him, particularly as a SL champion. Splashed all over the damn place.

Sixul: Has a mediocre defensive ability, is the easiest to kill of all the 150Ks, and fire volatility is both tough to trigger, and is more suited to a faction with death benefits or significant healing. Flame Siphon and Terraform Lava are cool, but you pretty much have no choice but to run him with Flame Siphon otherwise Fire Volatilty is completely useless, and if you want to run the CD 2 version of terraform, he gets bumped up to 84 which is not really acceptable on his frame.

So his kit is mediocre and unsynergistic, and he basically is kind of in an odd-ball position in his faction particularly compared to the others who are either generally really good or are exceptional in one or two themes. The only reason to even really play him is for flame siphon at this point. He does not have the impact or versatility to make him useful otherwise, which is why you mostly do not see people playing him at the higher levels of play anymore, where you will see all the rest used.

So yeah. In both an absolute sense (how useful is this guy in FS) and in a relative sense (how useful is this guy compared to other 150ks) he comes up lacking and I think it is worth fixing that. He is a dread lord, and is one of our coolest runes thematically, but right now he just is not worth running.

Ohmin likes this.
  11. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

I am sure it should be modified and such, but this is kind of what I had in mind:

11 DMG
    6 SPD
    1-2 RNG
    1 DEF
    52 HPS
    48 points in stats

Amphibious (1 nora)
    Attack: Fire (2 nora)
    Flame Nova 3 (6 nora)
    Set Ablaze (6 nora)

15 points in base abilities.

UP 1: Psychic Ping 1 (15 nora), Trail: Fire Wall (7 nora), Terraform: Lava 2 (8 nora)
    UP 2: Fire Jab (4 nora), Amplify Psychic (10 nora), Flame Siphon 1 (5 nora)

11 - 25 in UP abilities.

So 74 to 88 points in abilities. He has some real choices in his UP, and a number of viable builds. He suddenly becomes an interesting if expensive choice for psychic bgs (88 points for psychic ping 1 + Amplify Pyschic), while till offering possibilities for Firk and mixed meta bgs. You can even have a build that is kind of similar to his old one by taking the 76 point Terraform: Lava 2 + Flame Siphon build.

So ideally I would like to see him somewhere along these lines. Impactful, interesting, and a real choice once again.

13. GabrielQ

Yeah, I agree with Doubtofbuddha about sixul, he's unimpactful, your opponent has to do nothing out of common to deal with him and he doesn't even has a neat trick or combo to pull off.

Leadrz and doubtofbuddha like this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

@Sokolov, you just did some fun things with Euan and Dugon. Could Sixul get a look, even if it just to tell me I am wrong and you are leaving him as is?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'll grant that Sixul has mostly only been useful in Meta, and some gimmick (poison or Tortun) builds, but I think you're underselling what you can do with Fire Volatility. Plus, FS DOES have significant healing, so I'm not sure why you mentioned that as if its something missing?

I do agree that the Upgrade issue of basically being "forced" into Flame Siphon is a downside, but I don't think it's particularly significant (at least not to the point of needing a full rework, one could easily swap abilities around on base/upgrades to allow for a proper choice here while maintaining the original build).

I also feel like Defiant is a bit (though not hugely) better than you're suggesting, since Physical attacks are still the most common. There are ways around it yes, but it often has a significant impact. I also feel like his stats are generally quite good for his cost.

*shrug*

Don't mind agreeing to disagree.

I guess a large part of it is that I'm just a little tired of constantly reworking relatively decent runes, (especially if/when there are ones with a much greater need in my view anyway) in a general sense. I'd much rather get some more Fire Bomb (or whatever) champions or something in FS for example; if it's felt that Fire Volatility wasn't doing enough to justify it, if it's seen as such a sticking point.

I'm far less married to Defiant of course, even if I think it's better than you're implying, but more (good) Premonition units can easily help to indirectly buff that sort of thing, as can equips/relics/spells that might limit non-physical damage.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On the other topics:

Heck yeah.
    Meh. I'm not expecting to get new awesome AoE damage spells since Font Eruption was nerfed (and it's never really felt like FS's "thing" anyway). Lethargic would be a fine option for Chipped Boulder (the artist formally known as Chipped Boulder Monk), but I've actually been pretty okay with Weighty to be honest. Yeah, it can suck some times, but she's still fast enough to get where she needs to.

The others I just don't care about/believe are necessary.

Would probably require a nerf to effect and/or cost, especially with Preordained. It's only "bad" in the sense of being inconsistent, if it's make to work all the time, it becomes much, much more powerful. At present the inconsistency is a balancing factor, though possibly slightly too much of one.

17. doubtofbuddha

AOE Spells:
    We have the worst AOE spells in the game, and it keeps getting worse. We used to have the best point damage spells in the game to make up for it, but those keep getting nerfed too. So I think we could get a real aoe damage spell without breaking things open.

Chipped Boulder: I just really hate Weighty in general. It makes her effectively speed 5 unless she happens to be near the thing she wants to beat on.

Not Neccessary: This is mostly true. I put the things I cared most about higher on the list. If 7-9 never get hit, I am not going to be that torn up.

The collective:
    The inconsistency means it is not run except for people who are trying to figure out if it is good not (hint: it isn't.)

I would be fine with it getting a +5 cost increase and would also supporting it get some sort of restriction meaning that it only works in FF deccks or FS runes to prevent peopel from making stupid split decks based off of it.

18. doubtofbuddha

I don't mind agreeing to disagree too, but the only faction that I think definitely have worse healing than FS is FW. UD and SP are arguable.

19. GabrielQ

My proposed change of sixul from the other thread:
    Sixul the worldender
    RNG to 1 fom 1-2
    DMG to 10 from 12
    SPD to 6 from 7
    Base abilities: Attack fire, amphibious, fire volatility
    Path 1: Flame surge, set ablaze, terraform lava
    Path 2: Fire acolyte, flame siphon 1, defiant

It kept fire volatility and gave it a new dimension for fire bgs with the combination of flame surge and fire acolyte, keeping the meta builds with flame siphon and set ablaze.

@doubtofbuddha I like your build too, inspired on it:

DMG 11
    RNG 1
    SPD 7
    DEF 1
    HP 50
    [54 nora (fire elemental body]

Base: attack fire [2], amphibious [1], set ablaze [6]
    Path 1: fire acolyte [10], flame prison (better than trail IMO) [7], terraform lava 1 [4]
    Path 2: Flame surge [12], Cast: cauterize[8] /(or flame nova 3 [6]), flame siphon 1 [5]

Fire acolyte + flame surge potentially OP build at 85 nora
    Flame siphon + terraform cheap build at 72 nora
    Flame prison + cast cauterize (my choice in first instance) at 78 or flame prison + flame siphon at 75

Tweek516 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  20. doubtofbuddha

Flame Prison seems a lot worse than Trail. Trail costs 0 AP. Flame Prison costs 5, and with all the knockback in FS, you could probably set up some good knockback into fire wall turns with trail. But yeah, your build seems fine. I like mine slightly better because of the ability to branch out in psychic and combine with Argol in fun ways, but yours would also be something I could get behind.