FW (Meta) Ranged Champs Tier List

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 24, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Tier list of all the ranged champs, based on how powerful and safe they are as includes in a mixed goodstuff deck. NOTE: This one is very much under review. I have not got around to testing a lot of these champions, there are plenty that I don't see, and frankly, I don't think I'm a great judge of ranged champion strength right now. Input especially appreciated. There are plenty whose position is soft.

t1

Arroyo Eye

Genesis Lich

Serkan, Lich Master

Utterdark Fadewhisp

Xulos

t1.5

Croma Visionary

Crossbone

Dead Fairy

Deathcaster

Elsari Culler

Elsari Tomb Raider

Eternal Lich

Eye of Serkan

Forsaken Follower

Frostvein Witch

Golden Lamia

High Warlock

Hoarfrost Lich

Lich King

Lich Magistrate

Mysian Lamia

Pox Renovator

Risen Grenadier

Skeletal Rifleman

Stitched Magician

Toll-Taker

Whisperghast

Zombie Rotwrapper

t2

Accursed Scrofula

Arroyo Flamewhisp

Arroyo Smokeform

Arroyo Storm Orb

Blinking Creeper

Corruptor

Demonologist

Elder Bloodbinder

Elsari Votary

Fleshweaver Witch

Mysian Necromancer

Necromancer

Pox Harbinger

Rip Witch

Sarinda

Stitched Anathema

Stitched Magearm

Stitched Monolith

Stitched Shaman

Stitched Warlock

Tormented Priest

Tomb Lord

t3+

Dark Messenger

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Poor Dark Messenger . . .

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Not sure utterdark is t1, i prefer cross bone for inhibit and low nora cost. I'd swap those two. Otherwise I'd agree, although Tl might be t1.5 even in good stuff since dark rising is a good spell in good stuff technically.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fadewhisp and Serkan are the two washy spots in t1. Not sure I can see Crossbones at t1 yet, though. I'll keep your comment about running an Inhibiting version in mind, though, and test it out. Could you talk a bit more about why you prefer Inhibiting Touch to Rabid?

I was considering that as well. I had a much harder time with the 1.5/2 distinction in this list than with many of the others, and had Tomb Lord in t1.5 while I was drafting the list. Have you tried running it in a good stuff deck, and what were your experiences with it?

5. DiCEM0nEY

Without a doubt crossbones is one of the best anti heal in FW. Completely stopping healing for 8 turns, for about 60 nora. Easy to get value.

6. DiCEM0nEY

I think Serkan is t1 because liches are Op rn, but I don't think he is strong on his own merit, but he should stay t1. If you leverage lich, he is good.

7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I'd have thought Vengeance with cheap champs and FW bonus would make him t1.

8. DiCEM0nEY

I'd say he requires a deck to be made around him, which is his largest disadvantage. I don't really find ed to be that strong. I only think cross bone is tier 1 still other than that list is ok , although utterdark fade I'm not so sure, since aaryo eye exusts.

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So whats the under the radar power of Arroyo in T1?

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I would say that the only decks he doesn't fit in are non-lich theme decks. If Kal wanted to be really accurate he could make a tier 0 and put Xulos in it, but Serkan's scaling ranged skillset is the kind of thing another faction would spend 120n+ to develop.

11. DiCEM0nEY

Aaryo eye is REALLY good though

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Very much agree with this assessment. Serkan has a complete package built into him -- scaling ranged damage with self-healing, and extra mobility. Basically, if your opponent doesn't pull a power turn specifically to kill Serkan, he is going to stay alive and deal a lot of damage. The Dictate build is also good if you are running a deck heavier on summons.

Mainly Soultap and Replicate. Replicate means that the things can split around and generate a lot more AP than they would otherwise -- Replicate is much better on a ranged champ than on a melee one, because HP matters less at range. Soultap also generates a lot of nora. You're looking at an almost-guaranteed 10 nora back per champion hit, so if you get only 2 or 3 attacks off on different champions with the Eye, the thing cost 30 nora or less. It also happens to be Detection.

The big thing, though, is that it interacts very well with FW's global healing options, specifically Grace of the Dead and especially Rite of Healing. With a Cleric of Unrest out, you are looking at 12 HP healed to each of the split Eyes each time you use Rite. They do not have healing deficiency. Plus, because the splits are clones, not summons, you can Rite them to grant healing to the other Eyes and the rest of your champs -- good thing to do on the second split, leaving you with three Eyes at about 25 HP each. Basically, you pay 51/54 nora for a ranged champion with a bunch of weird utility involved, and that's great.

Thbigchief likes this.
  13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Hey thanks for this well thought out explanation...this sheds some light on what I was missing about the rune. Appreciate it, I'll try it in a split I think to heal it back up since you mentioned a good point about no healing deficiency.

14. DiCEM0nEY

They also make good candidates for death charged and sac altar if needed. I run them with hunter soul tap, it keeps them alive longer and they can deal more damage if needed due to replicate

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think Teleport is better -- several maps have important breakpoints at 5 SPD, and so Teleport makes them a more consistent early deploy. Plus, it offsets their low SPD if an opponent rushes into them; they can disengage more easily.

16. DiCEM0nEY

I'll give it another whirl. To me, even if they are killed they still do their job. They basically are just a passive value gainer. My thoughts were that hunter makes them tankier, cheaper, and more threatening.