FW strong / meta decks

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

What are the strongest ff FW decks rn? I'm looking to play semi competitively, but it is a little hard since I don't play as much. I basically have every FW card right now, but I'm missing a few worms and stitched. I can probably shard for anything I need.

Looking to get to at least 1700+ again, last time I did was when lerpers has surge, but I have a bit more game knowledge now.

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Skellies and attrition are the way to go.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Worms or some deck built around Essence Devourer. I think those are the two strongest mechanics available to FW right now.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

What does an attrition bg typically look like in the current meta?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

upload_2017-7-16_14-7-0.png

Give or take a few things -- some of those slots are experimental. I've heard that Execution Order is bugged at the moment, for instance, and you may consider putting Doom in depending on what you encounter on ladder. Other than that, the basic idea remains the same: run a small pool of champs that are cheap and efficient, or otherwise provide special utility; supplement that champ pool with an array of aggressive, pin-point spells and some grindy relics.

The FW bonus and new reveal mechanics mean that you should really be crutching on only the most necessary or broken champs in their roles. Everything else is about killing power and threat-management so that the opponent can't muster any tricks able to beat out bare-bones efficiency.

MaruXV and darkpally5 like this.
  6. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Are the vengeful decks still working well? They were really fun and used the essence devourers aswell

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can still build Vengeful if you like. I think leaning heavily into the Vengeful plan, like some of @themacca 's and my older lists have done, is a mistake, because it places too many resources in a position vulnerable to classic kinds of counters -- it sets you for getting hammered in a way that non-Vengeful lists can't. Yes, Vengeful provides some benefits, mainly, that it lets you escalate into a super champ with extreme speed, and thus gives you a kind of raw killing power in some late-game states that you don't get otherwise. That's useful. But, I think you can get almost all the benefits of the hard-core Vengeful lists with a simple tweak to the above list, namely, cutting Execution Order or a Skull of Decay for Serkan. Serkan is the best Vengeful champion in the first place, and he works as a strong rune in his own right without dedicating more slots to a Vengeful-specific game-plan. I think Statue fills the main role of the Vengeful units, while being more versatile and resilient. And, considering that versatility and resilience are what you really want in an attrition deck, Statue should be the core big-champ plan, with Vengeful an incident of teching in Serkan.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I think they are fairly meta for FW. I probably would use a shatter resistant variant, using black pearls, the lich equip for vengeful, and repurpose. This way you can gain vengeful only when it is safe, and make the enemy pay for spot shattering your equips through sheer number of equips.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What kalasle says is pretty on point. in just a basic attrition deck basically any high resource play to remove your units could very well end up a negative nora tradeoff especially if your units are doing something at the same time. But killing a serkan that you've been feeding all game is gonna hurt big time, less so regarding xulos because he'll return shortly deal another global 9 and get all that juicy HP back again from statue.