Game Keeps DCing

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Phariah, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Phariah

Phariah Member

hello. ok just a couple days ago my game started to freeze consistently while the timer would keep running. I could than log back in and resume game. I have had it happen in multiple times during 1 daily or skirmish. Pox was running perfectly prior to this and I had done nothing new.
    so it has been hot so I physically cleaned my comp out of dust and than electronically cleaned it running defrag and cleaning up my comp eliminating programs to help its efficiency, than I ran a virus scan to clean it out. had some viruses, a couple Trojans. replaced my Mcafree with Norton. start Pox up today to log in and first thing I get is an alert a Trojan tried to get in my comp when I tried to start a daily. left pox and relogged back in. I played and had game freeze on me a couple times. so I quit game and reclogged to resume. while playing I had 2 more attempts by the same Trojan.gen2 to gain entry to my comp. I played daillys and skirmishes keep getting the game frozen with timer still running.
    a few days ago running beautifully. I did nothing different with my computer. than the game freezing happened and cleaned it up and it is still happening. I am running nothing else while playing.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

When you say it freezes it is where you issue a command to your units or deploy a rune and there is a delay between when you issue that command and when it is executed?

3. Phariah

Phariah Member

I had something like that a couples times awhile ago. I would click a unit to move nothing would happen so I would switch to another an click to move it and the other would than move, like a lag type thing. or I would have to double click an action than it would work. I have not had anything like that in quite awhile. this is I click an timer keeps running I have not tried to see how long every time. I have had it quit me a couple times when I waited, took about a min an change. I played last night first four matches were flawless. next 4 all have this thing happen twice on a couple, same thing this morning.

4. Senshu

We just did a server restart. Try it now and see if you have the same problem.

5. Phariah

Phariah Member

ok I tried it and first 2 matches played pretty good, but I did dc again each match, though the game did not freeze long these 2 times. I played 3 more matches afterwards and all was fine.

6. Senshu

What are your computer's specs CPU, Video Card, and RAM?

7. Phariah

Phariah Member

hrm. have a pent dual core E5700, 4 gb RAM gotta check my vid card not sure tbh.

I played 4 games yesterday no lag no dcing, played 5 today no lag no dcing. not sure if you did something or the gaming gods have taken mercy upon me. I will let you know if it starts again but I hope it is over.

8. Senshu

Hmm, just from the sound of things is is likely a local problem. Maybe some other software is interfering with the game. Can you think of anything unique about those previous times like having a virus scan running, have a web browser open, etc.?

9. Phariah

Phariah Member

I was playing the game.... yes I think I had poxnora site up through my browser also. I might have checked on something as I was playing.

10. Senshu

Being on the Pox Nora website wouldn't do it it would be more if you were playing a Youtube video in the background or on a site that had a bunch of streaming content.

11. Phariah

Phariah Member

i do not use youtube except maybe to see a panel on an author I follow. so that is impossible. I never have another site up except for pox if I am playing not a multitasker. I have uninstalled and reloaded pox it runs better most of the time. I do get dcs but only if I play outta matches. first 2-4 play ok an afterwards I get dcs. gonna check a few things more. I thank you for your input and sorry if I bothered you too much. again ty for your help :D