Game WAY to small in high res

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Fithor, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Fithor

Fithor New Member

Hello, I stopped playing this game for about 2 years, now I have a new computer and I am trying to play again, but the game is so small that I can barely read the text. I have tried all video configurations available in both the steam one and the other version, I have also tried to lower my screen resolution in the

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution

and nothing... I really want to play this game again, please help me find a way to do so

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Goto options in pox nora. you can change resolution there as well bro.

3. Fithor

Fithor New Member

I already tried all the resolutions there, game too small.

4. Leadrz

Have you tried making it full screen?

5. Fithor

Fithor New Member

Yes, I have tried all the options in the video settings in both the steam game client and the other game client.

6. Leadrz

What's your screen resolution in display in control panel?
    Mine is 1920x1240 (or something close to that)

7. Fithor

Fithor New Member

3840 x 2160

8. Leadrz

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The game isn't meant to scale that high. I believe the max it is scaleable to is 1920 x 1080 16:9.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I should rephrase. When I say 'max' I mean the most it can scale before weird stuff starts happening. @Senshu can fill you in on why. For now, stick with a max setting of 1920 x 1080 16:9. This game doesn't like 4k resolution.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Fithor

Fithor New Member

I don't know what to do, I even tried to change my resolution to the closest one listed in game, around 1920 x 1080 and the game in "full screen" still only occupies a fraction of my actual screen. I ran out of ideas and couldn't find help online...I don't mind if I have to adjust some settings every time before playing, I just wanna be able to play @.@

And thanks for the help!

12. Leadrz

Next bet Isa. Type of magnifier program.
    Allows you to zoom in windows.
    Not sure if it will help in this case or not.
    But it may be worth looking at.

By the way that is one hell of a big screen.

13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Good response @Leadrz , also for some high res screens like 2K and 4K you may want to try using the Steam version of the game and run it in full screen, but you may need to lower your nati
    Yeah, that resolution is way too high for Pox Nora, because Pox is a Sprite based game there is a limit to how much it can scale. One thing you can try is change the actual resolution you use by default. As in, if you go into your computer's resolution options you set your default desktop resolution to 1080. The only other option is to use a 3rd party magnifier as @Leadrz mentioned.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Didn't even think of suggesting that. +1

15. Leadrz

Das why Senshu the man.

16. Fithor

Fithor New Member

Well, yeah, the magnifier helped a lot xD thanks!

17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Good sugestion @Leadrz about using the magnifier software.