garin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Dec 14, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Garin needs pariah, that is all thank you

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Are you crazy? He is already dirt cheap.

Also, bloodhowler alpha.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well the main reason is likely because of the thing that sp uses to give him hunter, and life drinker, and impervious, and all those other split deck fun tricks that make him annoying as hell to fight.

TheBulwark likes this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

then should we just put pariah on everything that can be in split?

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Uhhh what does SP have that makes garin impervious?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. Sealer0

Nothing, SL/SP split ferocity of cain gives perseverance, which does give impervious.

I don't think there's anything that gives him lifedrinker, though. You must be thinking of bloodhowler alpha who has it on base.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- that bloodthirster blade thingy i guess

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Srsly, these threads are so dangerous. I dont want to face two 63 nora Garin.

1) tell us why u propose Pariah on him? Any abuses that are defo OP and guarantees winning?

2) have u considered 68-5 nora cost on Garin, and the fact that he can still be equipped with other equipments..

3) the effect of limiting synergies on power champ splits.

Please elaborate your posts before the Greens see this and do a ninja patch on Garin just because they saw ur thread.

If you said this split synergy of bloodthirsty blade/zealotry/keeneye/staffofAsc etc is annoying, wait till u see Timmy with Keeneye Crown and how ghay that is. Most split heroes are limited to 1 per Bg because of those interactions.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

just fix his damn split hero thingie, the rest is fine

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

"the rest is fine" I'll refer you to Klub and Scaien. How on earth are they still that Firking cheap..

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Because skill

TheBulwark likes this.
  12. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Lol because other heroes like
    Mena (heal+rng dmg)
    Juya (range dmg, hawk targeted ability, heal)
    Grimlic (aoe + rng + replicate)
    Talgar (init, range Mag, melee Phy, blessed, purified)
    Euan (range Mag, melee Phy, heal)

have more uses than Klub, Sciean, Dirge which are all one trick ponies with attack: physical at 1-2 rng at the very maximum. So yeah..

If they should cost more, then adjust the abilities rather than manually coding the cost to be more expensive.

13. Sealer0

One trick sceian is pretty damn effective.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm refering to the rest of Garin, you know, like the thread title might suggest.

TheBulwark likes this.
  15. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Id feel better if he didn't have hidden vegetation and heals all the dmg i've done to him before popping out of stealth SPIN TO WIN execute

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The zealotry is strong in this thread.

Woffleet and TheBulwark like this.
  17. calisk

I didn't say it was just sl/sp, super champ decks can be done in different ways.

my phrasing was poor but the sp reference was really only meant for zealotry.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It works better when it doesn't appear as though you are pulling things out of your ass citing abilities that garin can't possibly get.

19. calisk

well i've seen it in sp/st with all the nice survival options st has, healing hands, blizzard cloak, mirror shield, phoenix anklet, with staff of ascendance giving him 5-7 range depending on how long he's around and if they shatter it and use another or crown.

i've seen it in fw/sp with ferocity and sac dagger still using staff of ascendance.

sp/is with rd and impervious again still using staff and ferocity.

etc etc, I figured by this point you guys would know the decks by memory, as i've faced it at least 40 times in the past as the tricks still worked pre-revamp to less efficiency then they do now.

sac dagger is essentially lifedrinker which is why I said lifedrinker.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. calisk

if it can be used for super champ decks then usually yes, with lack of a better answer it is often the best answer for super champ decks.

super unkillable champs that win games on their own have never been supported in pox, I have no idea why garin would be any different.

TheBulwark likes this.