Ghern Soothsayer

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Can Prognostication be removed from him (or maybe the game in general). It's only on 2 champions. Alternatively, can it's cost be adjusted. Right now, it's 12 nora for a 4 range pacification in 3 turns. For comparison, soothing serenade is 8 nora, 5 range and pacifies now rather than in 3 turns. Prog. seems overcosted in comparison (although it has a much lower cd).

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

That is freaking hilarious that prognostician is 150% more costly than soothing serenade.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

petition to give the ghern SOOTHsayer SOOTHing serenade in place of it. I think it's fair

4. Raikan

It has a CD 2 (I think), so if it is used effectively on CD, it can have the effect of keeping more champions pacified over a long game. It might be an invig 2 (11 nora) vs. haste (12 nora) kind of situation, where the price is based on the total ap transferred more than the immediacy of the transfer (i.e. 4 ap now and over 2 rounds vs. 8 ap transferred over 2 rounds beginning next round).

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I always viewed it as an extremely defensive ability, never stretching or overextending to use it and only saving it for when enemies rushed at the sooth and were below his range. Soothing serenade would do this too, but better (yet not as often.... Tho with this playstyle you shouldnt need to do it often). Idk tho honestly the champ itself probably doesn't really need a massive buff as is, but if the ability is miscosted that should be fixed

6. Raikan

I'd suggest a few design alternatives to make it more useful/worth it's price. If DOG wants to keep the "in 3 turns" part, then I'd suggest its max/min range be increased. That would allow the ability to be used on a champion that the player was expecting to rush in next turn, but that it might be difficult to one-round on the player's following turn. With Whispers, it would create some powerful (too powerful?) interactions. But this might be too similar to the KF soothing serenade/time slip/carn vines/ghostly visage cc that existed prevamp in certain KF meta bgs.

Another alternative (consistent w/ PurpleTop's it's for defensive use when a champion is below soothsayer's minimum range) would be to make the ability pacify a champion if it engages soothsayer within X turns.

Alternatively, its nora cost could be decreased to <8 with a CD increase or AP cost if necessary.

I'm probably too liberal with suggesting changes to abilities/new abilities. But in this case, the ability is only on two champs in the game, so now would be the time to think about what role it should play since it's pretty easy to consider all the possible interactions. Anyway, thanks for listening to this--obviously the champion isn't op broken and so this should be a lower priority than other issues.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think Prognostication works well with him, but maybe its a bit awkward by how you've to move into the enemy's range, thus making it blatantly OBVIOUS that ur prognosticating something.

I love the Hidden until Triggered clause on this though. Its almost gamebreaking because you cant cleanse it.

However the timing have to be precisely correct and you kinda have to estimate and be a "Soothsayer" when opponent's high DMG champ is gonna move in, or from range champs. It really screws over opp's calculation.

Improvements on the ability imo, would be improving the range, but I think that would be a bit too powerful.

I suggest either changing it to Soothing Serenade or keep the "soothsayer" flavor and keep Progn as a "future telling" hedging bet mechanics. Its flavorful.

Soothing Serenade on the other hand, needs some tapping. Its a widespread disease in KF

Isnt Prognostication a bit better than Soothing Serenade (after playing both and comparing it)... Its 0AP and Hidden is what bought me into realizing Prognos is really convinient. Especially since he doesnt cost 85 anymore. Tho 12 nora is an overkill for a Non immediate ability. 10 nora is more like it