Going to the US and Epic Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2018.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Whats North Carolina like? What do I pay attention for? Fun stuff to do? That sorta stuff.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

North Carolina is about the size of Austria and Switzerland combined. Do you mean Epic Games? I didn't find Epic Studios in North Carolina. If it is Epic Studios, it looks like they're located in the Raleigh Durham area. The company I work for has an office in that area. I didn't do much besides go to restaurants and have drinks last time I was there. As far as food, I would definitely get some BBQ. The Pit is where my coworkers insisted we go. Raleigh Beer Garden has a good variety of beer, both import and domestic, as well as good food. Gallo Pelón has a good variety of Mezcal, or Whiskey Kitchen if you prefer Whiskey.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Epic is in Cary, NC

Question: You flying into Atlanta and then driving there?

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Cary is where our office is too, which is between Raleigh and Durham.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Tbh I think the Carolinas are the only southern states I haven't been to. Now that I think about it I don't really know why. I will be up in South Carolina this summer though.

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

NC? grew up there and boy let me tell you there's a Bane Shift ton of meth if that's what you're into.

No but seriously there's not much going on unless you're going around the whole state. Got the Biltmore estate which is cool the first time you go and show up early enough, plus it's not a bad view in the mountains up there. Also got the beach but myrtle beach in SC is better.

The mall in Raleigh is pretty cool I guess too.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There is an extra level of added fun in the US. You can get shot for going onto peoples property.

8. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

you might get called a euro***, but other than that just a fair amount of what could be called "stereotypical southerners" riding around in 9 year old f350s blasting their yeeha yee yee country music with a cold can of bud light in the center console, fat girl who's scared to talk back due to domestic abuse in the passenger seat, dirty needles on the floor of the truck, and a confederate flag because they don't want to forget any bit of their history
    Also, most cities in NC and SC have Trump themed clubs where you can go in and stroke a replica of Trump's schlong while a wax figure of Pence glares at you with a piercing look of disgust because the bible says Jesus doesn't love gays so America doesn't love gays

Astamir and Geressen like this.
  9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

who hurt you?

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how long are you gonna be in NC for?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like a week

And its Epic Games yes. Im there to work with them for Fortnite

Etherielin likes this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When are you going?

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In a few hours

Dagda likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so are Austria and Switzerland if you combine them.

Vash Dragneel likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Went to watch Hurricanes vs Sharks today. Hurricanes got whooped though.

The Murican experience hella fun

Geressen and Dagda like this.
  16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you wanna root for an NC team, root for their college basketball #tarheelnation

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Probably no time to catch another game.

Superbowl tonight though.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was really confused for a microsecond but then I understood these were sport teams.
    ....I think.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its ok to be confused. We americans are also obsessed with Sharknado movies.

Geressen likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ay Eagles lets go baby