Golf

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 18, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'm about to go do a round of 18 with the guys from work for a tournament. It's my first time out all year so I won't do good.... been hitting the driving range and putting green recently but that's it. I expect to be in the trees and creeks a lot... i brought bug spray.

Anyway are there any other golfers out there in the pox world? Where do you like to play? What's your handicap? What's your favorite club/distance? Who's your favorite golfer?

I suck at driving..... always have and I've been playing for over ten years. It pisses me off.... when I play today I will be teeing off with a four iron. I can hit it strait with that and about 80% as far... which makes it worse because I justify it to myself by saying "If i can hit it this well with a four iron, why ever even use a driver?" only snowballing my inexperience. I hook it to the next state when I drive.... I'll hit it very strait with 4 or 5 irons.... idk it just bothers me lol.

2. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

I've played a lot of golf games like Albatross18 and Pangya if that helps. Had a damn good time too, was one of my best MMO experiences despite having never touched a golf club in my life.

I can imagine driving with a 4I gives you more control but less power? I bet your co-workers make fun of your for it ;)

3. PurpleTop

Yeah they will make fun of me, but then I will just make fun of them for being 25-40 years older than me. and yes that' show I feel.... but really on my best day I will hit my driver 300 yards, if I can hit it strait.... i can hit a four iron 270+ and strait more often, so why the hell wouldnt i do it?

I just need to practice with my driver more, but the driving range I go to isn't safe for that because if I slice it too hard, which I always do, it could go into the fairway of hole 17. and if I Hook it too hard, which I sometimes do even with irons, it can go onto the freeway, which is even more dangerous. So it's hard for me to practice with any wood

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

for the love of god it's spelled straight

god i'm so flustered rit now

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. PurpleTop

you're right, I messed that up. But nobody likes someone who's flustered