Good Stuff Ideas I am Throwing Around

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Dec 18, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have been playing a bit of boghoppers lately while I wait for the Circadian Songmaster gets fixed and experiencing some of their units, as well as looking at where some jellebrium are after the recosting of jellebrium mind has left me wondering about some potential Good Stuff Ideas.

1) Crowd Control
    The idea behind this one is essentially to have your front line be made up entirely of champions with some sort of effective crowd control abilities. The overall goal is to keep your opponents locked down as much as possible allowing you to kill them at your leisure. Ranged attackers are intended to provide a combination of additional ways to disrupt your opponent's line ups or just provide cheap ranged damage.

You will have multiple champions with mindwipe aura, binding chains, majestic, blind, bounce, and the like which should let you either prevent your opponents from doing anything or completely disrupt their plans. Unlike a lot of crowd control bgs, you are not particularly vulnerable to cleanse. Mindwipe aura ignores it, majestic ignores it, and you can only get rid of the slowed from the watershed anchors by destroying the anchors.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPCb2cxnChmCb5cqWCdhCdkcoHCvvs1s6TS33s1gsms6-s5Bs54rGrWe3oe3q

I have a few flex spots in the short range crowd control slots. I am running the swamp doombringer and firk diplomat to figure out which I like more, and I could also see using the neuromancer. The jellebrium mindbenders are ran with mindwipe aura.

2) Maximum Rush
    The intent of this bg is to push hard at your opponent and never really let up. You run 6 jab champions, and both the pox harbinger and the fishkisser allow you to put a lot of pressure on your opponents from the moment they come out. Slick and the Instigator help you keep your momentum going, and the cheap salaman provide nice amounts of damge for not a lot of cost.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cxncjYColC1ICawCtFC3XcoHCvnCivs1s6TS33s8ys1gs6-s5Bs54rGrWe3oe3q

3) I come from the water

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cb2C30Cp_CwAC9YCpuCf_C5qs1s6Tsds33s1gsms5Bs54S3vrGrWe3oe3q

This is a variant of a fry deck I guess, but it basically includes the best water gen units, and the best means to take advantage of said water. The spawnpool guardians provide an endless wave of meat, that will largely be able to operate without any problem despite being aquatic. The Spitter is used over other options because it is a good inexpensive option and with all the tads you want your non-specific options to be ones that are going to get the bonus ap and damage.

I have a few more in my head that I want to put together and try. Anything going through your heads out in FS land?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Ifem21, noamkeren and Gnomes like this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have been playing the first bg quite a bit. The core seems very solid, and while I have lost a few here and there, on the whole it has been working pretty well.

I have been playing around with a few of the slots though, and I am open to suggestions. Lost Echoes has not really been impressive and I am trying to decide between a straight exchange of it for Monsoon and trading the Chipped Boulder Monk for a Salaman Negamage and Lost Echoes for Erode.

@Gutsa has also said he doesn't think that the Jellebrium Mindbenders are a good choice outside of Jellebrium decks. I think they have been performing well, but once again I am open to suggestions to bring the bg to the next level.

3. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

The first Bg is so awsome! just won zeya with it!

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I feel like this is a good move overall.

Ifem21 likes this.
  5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nice, I have some weird Ideas from time to time, and it used to work well enought.