Greed of Sp and Fw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alkaline89, Sep 4, 2016.

1. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

Ok se we will steal best things and make it sp.
    stories

Ive heard warcry is good k lets make best warcry champ and call it lance admiral
    blink is really good k lets copy it and make it better so lets make vertical push that deals extra 20 dmg and works one round longer
    mobilization is good lets make alacrity and make it aoe 3 so people dont notice and also lose8 hp and 45 nora (mobi is 60) because aoe3 maters.
    oh that old sl bonus was pretty hard to count 20% dmg so now lets steal it and give them 2 dmg and our voils get 20% evasive which is better than new sl bonus.( lets troll them with 25 % sonic dmg no one plays champs with sonic dmg )
    damn fs nora bonus is pretty good lets make smthg similar and better 8% nora and 4% when they die

Sokolov" Voil
    If Voil need a change, I don't think an overall hike of 2-3 nora on all of them is the way to go.

There are some Voil that are really good, and some that are really bad. "

give me the name of one really bad voil ...there just arent one.
    to soko u know why voils are op cuz they have best faction bonus, evasive, best syenergy,cheapest mobilization, check wings of glory uncomon 30 noraall champs get 10 max hp forever u have 5 champs u get 50 hp for 30 nora (d now what hapend if u have 10)

Great Nerf of elsari bazar ( shiatttttttt they nerfed our mobilization lets make some solo ap)
    elsari bazar story k so lets make some op relic with 20 nora that givues u exertion 3 lose 8 hp and cooldown 2,
    ( so exertion dosent work good anymore of that 8 hp so lets make shrine exertion cooldown 1 and your shrine lose 10 hp cuz there is no scry anymore)
    nice nerf story
    Great nerf of doom ( think it was 40 nora )
    greed of drown-> lets make doom speel with 45 nora and short lived 6 ( think before it was short lived 8 maybe wrong) so we dont have to do anything because i cant kill his champs so i just doom
    so almsot all other factions got some hp bonues is can equip beer lets make vitality creation on my champs 2hp every turn (decent game u get 20-30 hp) for like 5 nora
    greed of speel shield - oh so ive heard speel shield is pretty good , lets make a witch with auto range 3 speel shield and curse for 3 nora?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

3. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

they took is bonus aswell 50% spell resistance :))]
    how about i play one faction and get 3 other factions bonuses
    dont really care about my engrish as long as u can understand hehe

unfortunetly cactus is not playing this game so he dont know what should be done and listen to some greedy yellows

4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

You know how you space out whenever a teacher is giving a long ass lecture and suddenly you snap out of it when he finishes with a question?

Yeah.

Pedeguerra, bambino, Pattn199 and 4 others like this.
  5. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I've always hated the fact that the font bonus gives spell resistance for 6? turns, that alongside the +1 DEF and faction bonus is alot of free nora/ overkill. Nerf to 2 turns instead of 6 i reckon.

6. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Lol sounds like people want to nerf SP into oblivion.

The issue is Voils and a few champs out there. The spells are not.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

All I see is Polish BabyRage. Sorry, can't take you seriously, when your thread is essentially asking for an Orbital Ion Cannon to be dropped and sounds like a giant whinery.

@devilsrath It's 4 turns.

JellyBerry likes this.
  8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Gentleman please, there are civilized ways to make nerfed threads, we aren't savages! When all you do is state problems without solutions, nobody wins!

So here's the solutions:

Make Doom cleansable or
    Make Doom 60 nora or
    Make Doom 10 turns or
    Make Doom gone. This is my favorite.

Also
    Zombie rot wrapper loses hp when a zombie is summoned

Also
    Zombie Moga don't need 2 range attacks and 11 damage for its cheap ass price

Also
    Corpse pile zombie weaker

Also
    Anathema deals less damage if it's also gonna do other stuff and cost the same as aoe 12 damage spells

Also
    Zombies fromg swarm get less hp

Also
    Swarm removed from range zombies

Also
    Chop block given range or removed

Also
    Xulos loses vitality

Also
    Serkan gets less range

Oh and something about SP or whatever

9. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'm not really a fan of FW, but let me make sure I'm understanding you.

Doom "solutions"
    Allow a ~5 nora ability to negate a 45 nora spell OR
    Add 15 nora to a spell that's already borderline OR
    Add 4 turns to a return on 45 nora where if you use additional resources on the champ they're essentially wasted OR
    Remove a spell from the game...

Not sure if trolling or serious.

Etherielin likes this.
  10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

This is glorious. Also @devilsrath its 4 turns, so one round of spell resistance and one round of +1 def outside a font. Also alkaline is wrong about pretty much everything he said concerning SP but w/e, because yalls tears sustain me.

JellyBerry likes this.
  11. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Doom "solution counterpoints"
    Acting as if cleanse doesn't negate almost every other single target debuff spell in the game. Hammer strike also costs 45 nora, can be negated with cleanse. "Oh but it deals 10 damage" Yea doom just murders your 100+ nora resistance physical super tank in the press of a button.
    Drown costs 80 nora and requires water and a small champ, I would gladly see it's cost slashed in half for it to take a couple turns to kill and have its restrictions removed
    FW is the ultimate stall faction, not hard to cc you or block you out of doing anything with endless free meat *cough* zombies.
    It's a stupid spell with no general counterplay. By general counterplay, I mean something common anyone can include to any bg to counter it. Like everyone has anti equip, everyone has detection, etc. Not everyone has reinforce. Not everyone can just sacrifice on the last turn before it dies.

12. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It's a 45 nora spell that gives a unit short-lived. It doesn't do anything else. It's vastly inferior to Drown, even given the conditions that Drown requires, since the owner can still do something with the champ for a while. Effect now vs effect later is always better. Comparing this to Hammer Strike is pretty silly. One is a stun and damage and the other is champ removal in 6 turns. Not the same thing at all. As far as stalling, most factions can stall if they build a bg for it. As far as your other points, so what? Other factions have similar champ removal that have even less counterplay, Drown being a great example that's better than Doom. Heck, if you think it's that strong start playing Doombringers. The champs they affect with the ability are only around another 2 turns. Shouldn't be anything at all if the ability is as strong as you say it is.

13. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Just chiming in your senseless argument for a second, but this spell results on an immediate kill or proper stalling assuming cleanse is not an option, which is something decent players are bound to make sure of.

These comparisons around here keep getting better by the day.

Please carry on now.

potatonuts likes this.
  14. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

not a big fan of doom as it is personally, , just thinking when a spell can kill you with no effort,, there should be some kind of counter.
    the other 2 spells mentioned
    hammerstrike,, for me the spell is fine,, its a cc for for a round and 10 dam..its not meant to kill,, more to get out of a pinch,, and if one uses it to kill, probably something the player was forced to do, as using a 45 nora spell to knock out <10 hp is not very efficient, ,, so this type of rune doesnt need a counter..

drown, its a strong spell indeed, meant to kill,, but it is counterable to a degree,(small, fly immune),
    the need for water , is at least somewhat of an indicator to the player,, if not already standing in it,, or able to see a champ able to make water,, unless the person decides to cast a water spell plus drown, then its true theres no counter,,, at the same time paying player is in over 120 deep in nore, (thats almost the cost to cast avalanche x3 in one round!!or any strong aoe) to kill 1 champ.
    Its true the argument can be made that in that moment , board control is better then nora,, sometimes,,, but the point is,, there are measures that can be taken to avoid (terain mods, dmz, equip, (fly equip) , etc) If your opponent is carefull, drown can take some effort and lots of resources to pull off.
    Doom on the other hand takes little resources or effort to use, yet has profound effects,, killing a champ, when things like intensify dont even feel like much,,6 turns is nothing, especially at 45 nora, with a fac that can easily put stuff in your way with very little loss, and of course doom would be
    saved for a very expensive unit , as the spell is played without urgency,, unlike Drown or HS which would be used in moment desperation (drown mostly, if yer using drown its usually course yer in trouble)
    ...id like to see doom reworked,,maybe be a bit more nora?,, or less and can be cleansed?
    or banned? :)

15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

i'm fairly certain that changes to surge and bulwark or already going to be happening in the next patch if i remember correctly. so hopefully that should address some of the concerns raised in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

FTFY

Doom has counters. Vertical Push (i guess?) Blink, Divine Reprisal, Escape Magic, reinforce, pretty sure there's others im not remembering. As well as that a lot of FW requires a constant substanance of champions so a 45 nora tempo hit with no immediate result that also provides encouragement to play more aggressively can potentially lead to being overwhelmed.

Based on other champions that would be justification to make the summons real since giving something up to create a summon generally means they'll be real. (aka graveyard, Magistrate, Greenhouse)

It's slow as all hell and extremely squishy what more do you want

Its a summon, 1 ritual champion+1 attack to the relic and oh hey look at that your opponent wasted 60 nora.

It costs 5 nora more than other AOE3 spells. and can't hit relics.

They're lumbering with 4 speed and 6 damage it's not difficult to navigate around them to kill key units.

It's on 1 ranged zombie not including moragen

No

No

No

To summarise a lot of these things would be less of a problem if you were just.... better.

Since you're making suggestions on how to make the game better i will too. Try being better at the game instead of coming on here and whining about everything you lose too. I 100% assure you you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more

DrakeArron likes this.
  17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@themacca Chopping block will go one way or another in the future anyway. That thing just isn't fun for anyone, not even for the user past his first game unless you're a confirmed sociopath like @TeaScholar admitted in one of the threads. :p

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Two but it's a stupid suggestion anyway.

99% of the time you'd just pick up the swarm with a different zombie and Rotwrapper would be even cheaper.....actually yeah let's do that, good thinking @Compost.

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I feel like I'm one of the only FW haters than actually kinda digs chop block decks

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you're dead to me

SPiEkY likes this.