Grintmaw

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Markus422, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

For Profhulk. Pretty solid on list. Only thing I might want to swap out is Nexus but idk what I'd want to replace it with on FS side

Attached Files:

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

upload_2021-11-17_23-31-41.png

Goading Mask is op...I stopped playing this BG cause people complained about having to go through upwards of 50+ buffer dmg...

Not beginner friendly but this was the bg that got me to top 100

Edit: reviewing this I see that Quagmirrian no longer has Nexus Aura which may open an additional FS slot (Angels being the most splashable i guess) and this was before Dampen was removed due to NUX

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Thanks Markus.

4. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

Ah ok, I'm fairly new so I will avoid this one.

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I just had an idea on what to replace on FS side. What are your thoughts on replacing one of your Jellebrium Nexus with the spell Blood of the Swamp?

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Solid runes to test with Grintmaw are Tortuns; Risen Grenadier and Tortun Bokor are my favorite and usually provide enough presence to setup for Rock Defiance...overall good units to have Stonearm Sash on...another viable option that I switch out depending on the module is Darkmarsh witch...charges can get out of hand and if you replace an IS dupe for a Mail of Barbs you have a lot of extra attacks that scale with Rock Defiance.

As for the setup and utility Blood of the Swamp provides, it is a 25nora spell to trigger opponents counters before using Grintmaw Hymn which has more utility when running Trolls. Both spells are nice picks but with so many Marsh Songs and being FS, it is very easy to save up over 100 nora to cast Heartstone and Hymns.

On the IS side, I recommend trying Kingmaker as it provides a solid setup with Gift: Bubble. Also, IS/FS has a nice Nora Gem module if you like dropping relics which because of their abilities can replace Marsh Song outright while providing board presence.