Guides

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Dec 3, 2015.

?

What theme should I write a guide for?

1. Boghoppers

2. Psychics

3. Semi-Aquatics

4. Meta/Junk/Goodstuff

5. You shouldn't be writing a guide you scrub!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I think we could use some more legit comprehensive guides. I think we could particularly use ones for boghoppers, semi-aquatics, and psychics. They seem to have the proper combination of real choices and rune depth that guides would be useful.

Are there any preferences here? I will go with community consensus.

2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I have felt this way for a bit about lots of themes. I think with the amount of newer player I have been seeing lately that guides would be helpful

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

I am going to start writing Sunday so I am going to let this run until then at which point I will get started!

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Psychic hype it seems.

5. doubtofbuddha

The psychic hype is real. I guess I should switch from playing hoppers to psychics until the guide is done. I have my preferred build but I need to test some pieces that are not my favorite.

6. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

They definitely would help the newer players ^^
    Only thing is I don't think the guide should be this super dense encyclopedia of information

I voted aquatics :(

fattyy2k and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. doubtofbuddha

If not dense then what?

Makorov likes this.
  8. Makorov

I think what I meant to say was that it should be a light, informative and interesting read haha

fattyy2k and Anima26 like this.
  9. fattyy2k

I also voted aquatics.

I think guides should give info but not all the nitty-gritty number. Saying something is good and explaining why without all of the x+y=win(dmg/hp)

10. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. I was planning in going into detail to discuss the potential role of each champ and talk about upgrades. Why it is required, you should not run it, or why it is in between. Plus a few sample bgs. With the goal that I would update it whenever something changed.

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I would prefer it dense, for light arguments you can just browse the current forum threads. But just writting the guide is already a really nice addition to these forums since I think we lack those.

fattyy2k and Makorov like this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

Woah. A sudden tie between semi-aquatics and psychics. Also @Anima26 is a dirty vote changer. :D

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Muhahaha, when i saw there was a realistic chance of Mirefolk getting a guide i was all over it. Aquatics ftw.

14. doubtofbuddha

Ah. Well Psychics and Semi-s are tight. It will be interesting to see where it goes!

My general plan is to basically spend a couple of weeks rotating through playing different bgs of the appropriate theme in ranked and unranked to the point where I get a feel for all of the runes (including the ones I do not normally play) and build my recommendations from there. If anyone wishes to discuss them with me or help me test them out I am more than down.

Voting ends at 8:00 AM CST on Sunday.

15. Makorov

That's actually a really good point

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you need help on the Mirefolk guide lemme know.

Makorov likes this.
  17. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I can help with some information for Aquatics/Semi help, if you need.

18. doubtofbuddha

Well damn. There is a tie. I guess I flip a coin?

19. fattyy2k

No you just pick aquatics :p

20. doubtofbuddha

That is what I am probably going to do actually. Since I think I would slightly rather write about semi-s than psychics. I will just write my next one about psychics.

@Ifem21 and @Cydna if you have builds you like/think are strong please send them my way. I am going to try as many as possible in the near future.

4NIK8 and Makorov like this.