Healing in Forglar Swamp

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Nov 24, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Has FS reached the point where it has pretty bad healing options?

The nerf to Transfer life has mostly just resulted in mostly pushing the Glowing Slider and the healing-based build of Coral Creeper. The Angel of Nourishment got pushed into be generally weak, the Boghopper Shaman lacks utility compared to similarly price healing units (though looking it over maybe he is actually a decent option), and Finlord’s Neophyte is expensive for what he does.

Particularly in comparison to what IS, KF, and ST have to offer right now this just doesn’t seem to be that much. I am not complaining about how FS is doing. I feel it is pretty strong at the moment with multiple great decks. I just feel that the overall quality of healing that FS has available has kind of collapsed and am curious if others agree with my perception, and feel that it is something that could/should be corrected.

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeah i agree. Shaman is pretty solid for his cost. Can we see a rework to Rite of Empathy, currently the spell is total shoebox.

3. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

FS has its tradition of weak healing since long time - Boghopper Shaman(and angel for some time) were rather the exceptions, so I'm not surprised. Lots of themes have mediocre healing mechanics(Spellsurge and CA: Drain for Snaps, Poison Eaters, Jellberium Mind) rather than dedicated healers.

I'm not quite sure, but it shouldn't look like this way.

Darkmarsh Witch got charged heal, btw.

4. Anima26

Twisted Emerald is legit.

5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Is the font of restoration and rejuvinating fointain used at all.for healong?

6. doubtofbuddha

They are way, way too expensive to be useful.

7. Olgachary

Olgachary The King of Potatoes

It seems odd that forglars swamp, a faction who's shrine and angel is the one for healing (indicating it's main niche is healing to me) has such poor healing abilities.

Then again... There's not many things in this game that make sense to me.. I mean there's not a single unit with sentry in it's name that has the sentry ability...

8. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Cleansing mist is really good in my experience. Backfire Boon has also done work in the right situations, I've tried using font of restoration but it only seems worth it on champs like voodoo shamfie and Moog. Shaman is also quite alright, and is spawnpool guardian good (she is expensive but she does way more than just healing).

So I deffo disagree that FS has bad healing options

9. Anima26

Haha welcome to #PoxLogic.

10. Scrambles

Scrambles The King of Potatoes

Salaman sentry has Sentry.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Meh, screw healing, I'd just run 2x Noraweave and dare them to damage me. IMO FS has never needed good healing because it dissuades the enemy from attacking through other means. In conjunction with their decent zone control options, I'd say healing isn't as necessary in FS. On the off chance you do need a healer, Bog Shaman is the way to go. I'd still run Slider too, though at 1x instead of 2x. There's also the very underrated Aquatic Talisman, which works best in Semis but can find a place in traditional FS as well. If you want a healer with a bit more utility, perhaps look into Alsmgiver?

12. narvoxx

Almost forgot about this one: Gathering at Dawn is pretty close to SP's surprise pies

13. doubtofbuddha

You pay more for less healing. Seems kind of bad.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Disagree. Them spawning at the shrine really hurts it

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i also disagree with finlords neophyte being too expensive. Especially considering gekaal is practically ALWAYS run. and kartch is on the odd occasion. for 74 nora he's a really solid option at the right times and is still good at 77 nora as well since cleanse is an extremely useful ability.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. narvoxx

it says targeted AOE 6

17. narvoxx

I'm not entirely sure but I think the insects have 10 hp base, 15 with banner?

18. Anima26

Neophyte is fine. Only shitty thing about him is that Neophyte cant be taken with Cleanse.