HellspawnD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by st3ck, Jul 30, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Oh the good 'ol days. I remember we used to be buds, and then you disappeared, and when you "came back" on hellspawnD, it wasn't you!

Well, maybe these weren't the good 'ol days. But the guy that took your account had some problems. When did you first meet him?

I only wound up meeting him through your account, and one day he got mad at me, and swiped all of my Bane Shift. (we had opened a store together, he had the time to run it, I had the runes to supply it). So I did some shady things, and wound up getting his home phone number, and told him I was going to call his parents (threatening him with police didn't do anything), he buckled like a child and gave me all my things back. I let him keep an SL harb to leave me alone forever.

I have lots more, and I'm sure as you start dropping some bombs about him, I'll remember.

He had a weird kind of look up to you, over glorify your good actions type of personality, but, was also insanely confident. Kinda bi-polar, really.

Anyhows, anyone/everyone feel free to contribute. Me and DMr got caught up with this toon and probably have some interesting stories because of it.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

lol.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Tis not Pox without dmr drama

4. st3ck

Wow, I remember talking to you sometime afterwards and you had filled me in on it. But that was an awesome refresher.

So here is where it kicks in for me. Around the 2008 timeframe, I was still somewhat new to the game but had started making stabs in the top, and played enough to get recognized by some of the other vets. I had many times tested bg's with hellspawnD, Jayaris, etc, because they always had very very good BG's, and mine were always a little strange. Anyhow, casual gaming relationship with these guys, HellspawnD leaves early 2008 or so.

Well, around late 2008, into 2009. HellspawnD comes back. I hit him up and he tells me he's not the original HellspawnD at some point, and that he inherited the account or somesuch. I think nothing of it and it turns out this new hellspawnd is super friendly, like almost desperate for friendship. He has quite a few alts, and at some point makes one that was like xGxOxDx Only the x's spelled some other word, that was his SL account, because he liked how I played SL and thought he could do it better. (he couldn't ;)) He's decent at the game and we play alot, so all is well. I start loaning him runes for some BG's, he gives them back to trade out for new ones. This goes on for some time, and at some point he realizes I have had almost every rune he's wanted to make a BG with. Comes up with the good idea for a store, he'll run it, all I have to do is supply the runes. He comes up with a pricing guide, some in/out policies, basically makes a legit store. And in those days, all stores were just forum posts. We had a nice little reserve stock to trade only for other reserve items (harbs for harbs, or their harb for alot of runes). He does an ok job of running it. Not a significant amount of traffic, but solid "profit" was being generated.

Well, to keep in better touch throughout all of this rune exchanging, he gives me his cell. Makes sense. Well one day, probably a few weeks (3-6) into running this store. I shoot him a text if we have any LE Demon Liches in stock. I can't remember his reply, but something to the effect of "not yet". So the next morning, I go to log into my account, only to find literally, not 1 single rune on it.

Oh Bane Shift.

My first thought was that it was an april fools prank, and one of my room-mates did it (which is the public story I wound up going with). After asking anyone that would have that capability, I quickly determine that jamal was the cause. So I hop on one of my alts and shoot him a PM. He confesses and states that "you cared more about your runes and profit than me" and that "some other whiny justification of me stealing your stuff". So I threaten him with a lawsuit, I know his name and his number, email etc. He says go for it, call the ****** cops I dont care, you're a **** etc etc. So I trace him down via his computer email, run the cell phone number by the billing company. Wind up with his address, his parents names, his parents cell phone numbers, his school grades, facebook, etc etc.

So anyhow, I have a lot of leverage with him, I tell him that he has a few choices, You can either give me every single one of my runes back, or I will:1. Change your school grades, He didn't care (they weren't that good anyway, but it mattered somewhat due to his football scholarship)/edit your facebook for many embarassing and potentially dangerous comments, 2. I will call the cops and supply them with your address and the charges of thievery, (he didn't care), 3. I will call your parents and tell them that you stole from one of your friends and that if they don't handle it I will sue them.

Option 3 is where he buckled like a sad heap of loneliness and depression. He begged me not to call his parents, and that he had just got kicked out of the house, this would be the final nail in the coffin etc. Well lo and behold, he makes the ensueing 20-40 something trades to give me all my runes back. Then starts telling me about how long it took him to steal them all. He traded them all to one account, then to another so it would be harder to trace. And that he hadn't had time to further disseminate them. I then offer him some advice on how to treat friends in the future. DONT STEAL THEIR Bane Shift. was the gist of it, but i felt bad for the kid offered him some life advice and told him to man the Firk up. I left him an SL harb to make a collection of his own and to leave me alone for a long time.

Well, fast forward 2 or so years. He finds me on pox, shoots me a message saying that he got the scholarship, and was now playing football at . . . I wanna say UNC or some other good school. maybe USC, or Florida. Anyhow, strange kid, deeply disturbed on some levels, but I do hope he got his act together. Seems he had a rough family life or some crap. Possible clepto.

But that was part of my story. I'll add details if I can recall them.

PurpleTop likes this.
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I wish you guys would get girlfriends and quit using the pox forums as geek facebook.

st3ck and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

all of em except the last one

Qucas and PurpleTop like this.
  7. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Can you explain this further? It sounds interesting but I'm just not getting it.

8. st3ck

You either get married and she kills you, or she kills you

Qucas, Pipster and BurnPyro like this.
  9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

I remember the name HellspawnD, but I don't remember any particular interactions with him. Then again, I don't remember much of highschool to begin with :/

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just sayin, UNC, while a good school, is pretty Bane Shift for football

basketball? all over that. football?

eh.

11. st3ck

I can't remember the school, just that it was a decent football school, and it possibly had a c in it

12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the better football schools tend to be further south, from what i've seen. unc isn't the worst, but their money tends to flow more to the basketball. if you go from like, south carolina, further south and/or across to the west for a number of states, you've got most of the football belt (as i understand it)

13. st3ck

Wouldn't surprise me, in western pa and here in Texas, football is a religion.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

All I care for is that you refused to lend me cyclops. There are many deeper issues too and... No, cyclops.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

His names not actually Jamal, but this post makes me lol pretty hard.

16. st3ck

I genuinely can't remember his name, but I do remember getting first and last.

Oh, and he probably had the account for at least several months, from what I recall.

17. Axeraiser

I was tight with him, have him on Facebook. He managed to scam me out of 16 harbs, but he then gave them all back so we're good now lol.

18. st3ck

I too, had him on facebook, can't remember his name though.

19. Axeraiser

Thats surprising its a pretty unique name :p

20. st3ck

I do remember that, and that it was middle eastern in nature, had an A or two in it, and i believe an M and maybe an L.

Do you still keep in touch with him at all?