hi-resolution poxnora art

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Jon, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Any place we can get high resolution art of the runes? I'm specifically looking for Tidemaster

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

3. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Thanks Goyo. I actually emailed Matt Dixon and he replied almost immediately and this is what he said:

Thanks for the message. I had no idea PoxNora was still an active game! I thought it ended years ago when Sony scaled back their online operations. It's very good to know folk are still playing it, I have fond memories of working on the art.

I haven't produced artwork for PoxNora in a very long time, so all that stuff will be archived now. I should have high resolution files of everything I did for the game but unfortunately my contracts with Octopi, and later with Sony, would prohibit the release of any high resolution art into the public domain. They, or more likely the current developer / owner of the game, own all rights to the art so you'd have to contact the current rights owner to obtain big files.

Sorry I can't be more help! I hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Best wishes,

Matt Dixon
    Anyways, it looks like he can't do it. Super nice guy though. I wish DoG would continue to use his artwork for our runes. His animation style rocks!

P.S. Dev's you can make my day at any time by helping me out here with a higher resolution pic of Tidemaster. Just want to make a wallpaper of him for my phone (720x1280)

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Senshu anything you can do here?

5. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

It would be pretty swell to have high resolution and screensavers of all the guys, would love to have hundreds of poxnora pictures just changing every now and then on my desktop <3

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I still don't have art for secret meeting/fanatic >:-(

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Senshu What do you say about a water marked high resolution art?

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You mean 1920x1080 or higher?

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

That's high enough :p

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Most runes aren't available at their original pieces on the internet. Very coincidentally I was looking for some images for my new phone's background(lol) and saw how hard it can be to find lots of amazing arts. I could find Zeventrech's though, so I'm not that sad for not finding Jakei Extinguisher.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Also the artist, if able to show anything, will not do it with the ingame name, heh...

12. Lushiris

Yup, I don't even bother searching for the rune name, just look for the artists.

Goyo likes this.
  13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

"Tidemaster, uh? So let's see... frog, swamp, cool, poxnora, artists name. This got to lead me somewhere..."

14. Senshu

Unfortunately, some of the older high resolution art due to Pox Nora changing ownership is no longer available to even us. The newer stuff we have been releasing as wallpapers periodically.

I will see what I can do to dig up some of these like Tide Master and Jakei Extinguisher. Secret Meeting is a newer one so I will have to make sure we don't have any other plans for it coming up.

Jon and Lushiris like this.
  15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

DOG is still owner, so you can ask the artists :)

Lushiris likes this.
  16. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

18. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

What was the rune design of Inquisitor General?

19. Lushiris

20. Senshu

Very True