How do you guys feel about beasts right now?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by BurnPyro, Jul 27, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm wondering what your opinion on FF ST beasts is

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

They are ok, I played a beast deck with succes, alot thx to renovator :p, but they are really boring to play.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Define okay

4. Ninao

Ninao Member

The problem is just range units, just juya and wingmaster, but, at the rest, is fine

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like ST beast they are good but I rather not play the same bg over and over it gets boring

6. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Probably the best thing in ST atm.
    I think the problem is the 21 Nora tusk
    And arctic turtle.

7. KingJad

who here actually has tusk? and who here has killed a champion 1:1 with arctic turtle? (tusk cost is ridiculous tho i will admit)

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

He's just trolling you

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I do and I haven't tried turtle monkey has been serving well as my tank

10. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

too physical

KingJad likes this.
  11. KingJad

ive been using them a little more lately and that seems too be a constant problem i run into

12. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

same for lonx

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

run 1/2 strig warlocks and a tundra whisper

14. Ninao

Ninao Member

They could replace the Ice Wurm abilities, almost all of them are useless, i think that champion would be great witha boost beast, warlocks could get a magical stuff into it like burn said, but we also have arcadon and frost wolf(60 nora with frost cone 3 and coordination and declare hunter), is good for me, also we have tundra whisper, a Juya with multiattack and magic dmg is really good too

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

ST beasts are stupidly op, wake up to the truth people. All 2x2 champions received a -5 nora just for being 2x2, so pretty much all ST beasts in meta are broken right now, although not only for that reason. Just as an example, arctic turtle was 80 nora before recosting patch. All of them became absurdly efficient, specially with Azaren around. And don't get me started on tusk.

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Tusk cost is wrong and Arctic Turtle could have some - HP.

Dunno about the others 2x2 amazing op champions Lushi is calling out.

EDIT: Maybe the heroes being too cheap is helping out the theme a lot, but that's not a ST only issue.

17. Lushiris

Owl raider 67 nora, charger cavalry can be 72 nora or even 70, Icecliff Patrol 61 nora with detection 3, and these are the ones used. The other ones aren't bad, just not the best choices. Jakei wingmaster was around 90 nora with detection 1 and battlemaster 3, now it's 76; Snow charger is actually a good pick in a beast BG, as he can have crushing charge(Azaren) + charge 3+ snowfall + protective for 74 nora. Frost giant for 58 nora with Unspeaable + Dread(I've seen this one, imagine dealing reduced damage to 70 hp tanks). Hell, even heroex made a crazy BG with nora beasts.

I'm not sure I can save Glacier Rhino though.

Yes, I know it isn't a ST only issue, but this theme is possibly the one that comparatively benefited the most from the recost, if you think what it was before(along with cyclops).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

All these units were mediocre pre costing patch.

With +5 N reverted from the 2x2 do you think it would be ok? (aside Tusk)

19. Lushiris

Owl raider certainly would... Maybe Icecliff. And it's not just the 5 nora, it's the whole HP costing. That's why you see expensive champions with 40 HP and cheap tanks.

20. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

ST beasts are completely unviable. Buffs will be needed to even consider running them.

I suggest making their Nora to HP ratios a bit more efficient.

Lushiris and BurnPyro like this.