How the Heck Is a Fully Upgraded Grimlic ONLY 93 Nora?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Seriously!

It deals a truckload of damage at 6-range and is speed 7! It has Deception to create 3 other illusion copies. It can be upgraded to Regeneration2 and Fire Bomb 3 for a nice AoE attack.

And they wonder why there just seems to be a prevalence of UD in the top ranks?!!?

I can't think of any other range unit better than this guy!

Is the Hero ability giving him a HUGE discount or something???

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you please elaborate on why Grimlic is strong, and provide some substantive suggestions for change, if you think that is necessary?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Agreed.

And Elric, just wait until you see Grimthir lol.

My problem with Grimthir/Mena/Grimlic is that they're soooo worth it for their price, whereas other ranged champs around the 70-80 range are not.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

One of the big complaints about the game in the recent past is how it rewarded cheap meat and you never got to see any of the cool stuff.

You must have been gone for quite a while, because the stat formula has changed and a lot of the big stat balls that never used to see play now do (dragons, titans, etc.) Grimlic and Menalaus both fall into this category where you really get what you pay for when you spend 90+ on a champ.

Fentum and TeaNinja like this.
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Even with his cost effectiveness, Menalaus is played only in BGs that can utilise him to the fullest or when he fits a theme (magic amp, wizards, elves) so ehhhh. He's not meta-levels of splashable like Grimlic imo.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've played KF about 6-8 times and the only time I didn't see Menalaus they dropped a Grimthir instead. Unless you're saying Grimthir is stronger than Mena? In that case let's nerf it.

Edit: *Last statement is just trying to bust some balls*

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    SireofSuns likes this.
  7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I remember when little ol' Shadestriker had Deception. Hehehe.

8. SireofSuns

Well yes, that's true. I just miss Deception on Shadestriker, before it was broken that is.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I love that people are complaining about grim and mena in here meanwhile no mention of Serkan. (The actual best ranged unit in the game)

10. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Deception is OP. Fix that and you fix Grimlic. Grimlic ranges from 91-104 nora, so "fully upgraded" would be 104 nora.

I want Grimlic to keep Deception because he's had it for so many years. But fix the ability to not be so OP. It's ridiculous right now, hell illusions shouldn't be able to drop relics it makes no sense lore-wise or balance-wise. How does something that isn't actually there physically place a relic at that location?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.
  11. TeaNinja

That's because KF has a plethora of excellent range 6+ champs to chose from. UD does not.

12. SireofSuns

Yes, but he can also easily be much more expensive.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

His best build is only 97

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I love that people are forgetting about the ACTUAL best ranges unit in the game, Kartch. Leap 3 7 speed and essentially multi 1 with a DoT and probably the most sizeable ranged body in the game (50 hp 1 def). Dude is crazy

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

What changed about deception?

16. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

That's a problem with vitality creation. If you shaved some stats on Kartch or any champion and gave them vitality creation they would be bonkers.

But I agree he can never be the same as a 6/7 range unit. Snap tooth ancient holds that spot with 10 dmg + dot. Amazing.

17. TeaNinja

It is now like Teleport(higher cd) + makes 3 illusions, however the illusions stack and stay after the deception champ's death. The old Deception would have been perfect if not for bugs.

18. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Meanwhile shardseer k'aeyun sitting at 80 nora, hits 20+ dmg easily

SPiEkY and Ballballer like this.
  19. calisk

Ah so a lot better then

20. calisk

Easy? Getting that much amp out isn't exactly easy.