I just lost to this :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mortal ix, May 30, 2015.

1. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

"omgwtfnerfthispieceofcrapintooblivion" Nah just kidding, its not going to be one of those threads ^^,

However I have been seeing alot of SP/UD fire bgs lately and each time I am stumped at what to do. I try to out position for borghas, firebombs annihilation etc, but everytime I do, the player just chooses something different. Echo chamber, hyaenid dreamcrusher or avalanche. Yea people play just about anything it seems as long as it does damage, and it actually works. I calculate the opponents threatrange, check for stun traps, try and position. It never works.

So yeah how do I counterplay this? Im at a loss.

Edit: I play all sorts of deck if that is a question. The last one is a spider/equip ud/sl deck. Focuses on relocation and swarming the opponent by reaching a critical mass. Its susceptible to aoe spam, so I know that whenever I face these bgs im going to have a hard time.

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

combat awareness?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I haven't actually seen the bg. Can you describe what it looks like champ wise etc?

4. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Every time I run into a fire BG they just poop lava everywhere to make fonts uncontestable and have champs doing like 20 something damage.

5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

were you playing morpholino?

6. mortal ix

Just to clarify its not one bg or one player, ive seen alot of players use it, maybe its just popular in lowranked but it IS popular. People seem to be using whatever is cheap and spammable:

- nefari caverunners
    - ember wasps
    - fire elemental
    - voil firebombers
    - phoenixes
    - moga sappers
    - cyclopean firecases
    - cyclops artificer

Thats what I can remember..

Then I can add some of the sp/ud decks are just about cheap spam and passive damage. A plethora of fire volatility and aura.

In addition to stuff like:

- dreamcrushers (that thing is just insane)
    - thunder elemental
    - aspect of chaos sometimes

In addition to like I said, echo chambers, avalanches, tinder boxes

I usually can play around it in the beginning of the game, but as the game prolonges I lose in the late game, presumably because its simply more efficient and my deck cant keep up..

7. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

And we have the winner! Problem solved! Captain obvious, tell the man what hes won!

8. mortal ix

Got it, I should just scrap all my decks then because obviously thats how efficient a deck is supposed to be, right?

9. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Run mono salaman FS. E z.

10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Immunity fire tho

11. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

I didn't know this was a thing

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Combat awareness, and run something that swarms. Your opponent can spam cheap champs then swarm them and throw them back at him.

13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

If every deck you have is losing to a fire volatility split... run... fire volitility split?

14. mortal ix

So unless I add hard counters im not supposed to beat it, I was hoping more for some advice that was put any thought into, like how to play around it.. I guess I hoped for too much :/

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The advice seemed reasonable to me. Add in some modules of fire immune/ resistant champs, swarm vs. the cheap champs, combat awareness. Perhaps also aoe cleanse.

TheBulwark likes this.
  16. mortal ix

By reasonable you mean limiting my bg and going outside of its intended mechanics. Im suppose to split with a faction that give me access to fire immunity or combat awareness.. Or expect to lose.. Sorry but that doesnt quite cut it..

I didnt start this thread to ask for simple counters.. simple counters is what ruins this game.. Give something a cool debuff.. wont matter.. every deck have cleanse. You like stealth.. well everyone hate stealth so we add detection to everything..

This encourages lazy thinking.. I give up.. who am I even kidding its not like its any point to ask for help anymore..

@IMAGIRL feel free to delete this thread im not getting anywhere anyway..

17. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Put it in a different way. Post several builds of your battlegroups, and ask how can you improve your performance against fire BGs without harming your overall performance and integrity. It would be much more convenient to help you if people were at least aware of what you are running specifically, not just archetypes.

While you are playing UD, putting hardcounters is relatively easy, fire-eaters/fire-immunity champs are abundant over there - giving you the wide selection of counters, that do not break your synergy. If you are playing UD/SL spider deck, you have nearly plethora of fire immune/fire eating spiders.

It's not a lazy thinking. If it rains, I take an umbrella - does it make me a lazy thinker? If it rains every day, I rarely move without an umbrella.

Simple words - post your BG and let the people discuss it.

18. mortal ix

Thanks for that reply Alkioneus, I was starting to lose hope, I'll post the bg asap :)

19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If you're looking for help on the forums, it may be more rewarding if you are more polite to posters who are trying to help. We may be limited in our thinking but we are, at least, attempting to support you.

20. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

trail firewall should effect your own champs.