I need help...

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Straitis, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Straitis

Straitis New Member

So, I've tried to get back into Pox due to the whole Desert Owl thing. However I've found the issue that made me leave in the first place. I cannot win. Like at all. (Other than when some level five tries...)

So basically I'd like you peeps to look over my current deck and yell at me for being stupid as far as my composition goes.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cozc24ci...bcaqs6ms19s5us2Ls18s1Xs2Ks4ar14rwrIe2veHe38eD

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You are running too few champions, considering that crystalis and sentinel of ailur can't move properly, and also your things are a bit mixed up. It looks like you want to do a frost amp bg with hasted elders, I'd run something like this:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cozc24ChdcdJCpdc6acwfC3wC79ConCgks19s7bs2Ls3bS13s3Ys2Kr1_r30rIE2P
    More reliable, more amplification on your champions, more damaging spells and more support. For your bg it looked like you went all the eggs in one basket style and that doesn't go well most of the time. you have to aim to deploy a couple icewisps and a couple ranged champions behind a tank (icesnap or vanguard) and then some support. If you keep your tank alive, the range power of elders and starseers will overwhelm your enemy, and if that's not the case, you can bank some nora and wipe the board with howling wind and ice storm, frigid barrier, or your champion's abilities. Ferren hideout and gale force will let you to create some killing opportunities by surprise. Included only one gale taking into accout chronomancer cooldown management. Razor ice will provide all the physical damage you need.

Scarebear and Goyo like this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Follow Gabriel, he knows well (Y)

Also don't get afraid of the power of some runes, and some overpowered combos or spells. We will be having a major balance patch to reduce the amount of abilities per champ and it's overall power, so stick on it and enjoy, don't hesitate ;)

4. Straitis

Straitis New Member

I can see what you mean, not sure as to what the icecliff patrol is doing however. I was only toying with the idea of that forstfall icewisp, how best to use them?

And I've been quite the fan of the sentinel, I've been using it mostly for the def buff and font defender.

Also, throatrend and yetihide has to be one of my favorite combos >.>;

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Patrol is there for detect, he also has ice veil so it's nice. Frostfall icewisp is likely to be the strongest unit in game in power for nora, he amplifies frost, he shatters, he can use arctic bolt to cause 15-20 damage, he can grant aura and he stealths for free. You have it liying around and then you pop to use his abilities. The thing with sentinel is that it doesn't do anything for the main theme, and the same can be said of throatrend, believe me, with icesnap and frost amplification up, you won't miss that combo at all.

I will ask you that if it's within your possibilities, try that bg I posted without changing anything, and you'll realize the difference.
    In my signature there is a basic battlegroups guidelines link that you should read also.

Goyo likes this.
  6. Straitis

Straitis New Member

Thanks for the explanation. Interestingly I have everything bar a second extinguisher and a second keeneye crown.

Related note, are tickets worth anything anymore?

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Well no, they can't be traded, but DOG said that they will implement a way to use them or over compensate you with shards/gold for your loss (if they decide to remove them from the game).

8. Straitis

Straitis New Member

Damnit...

So, anyone got a keeneye and a extinguisher for trade?