I was wondering...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JellyBerry, Sep 28, 2014.

1. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Hello!

I'm completely delighted with the game and the general direction it's taking. As someone who has played for a couple of months now I can indeed say the acquisitive power of runes has increased greatly, and that is lovely, so I'll go ahead and say I am thankful for the recent changes.

However, I have been having quite a bit of struggle with the recent map changes. The animations literally bend over my ram and make the game pretty much unplayable, I don't have ways to reduce them or remove them either which leaves me with basically no options, which pretty much leads to my question:

I was wondering if there was any possibility to implement quality changes or a tactical mode?

When I speak of tactical mode I mean the option to completely remove the art and animations in the map and leave a grid in whatever colour you choose. Basically just a plain map. I don't know how useful that might be but it would greatly reduce the problems with the set graphics in the newer maps.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work they have put into them and how lovely they are but at the same time I find myself being unable to play more and more matches because said maps are present.

At the end of the day I do understand that it comes down to how many people have this problem, possibly, but still thought it was worth asking, if anything.

Thanks for reading,

cheers~

Kampel, cantha and Pheezy like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd actually like to see this as well. Not because I don't have a powerful enough computer (I do), but because not everybody does, and I actually can relate, since I built this computer after not being able to play pox on my laptop due to hardware limitations.

JellyBerry likes this.
  3. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind an option to tone down the effects, I guess. My computer at work is horrible and has a hard time rendering the new maps and even though I have no hardware related issues with them at home some of the effects really bother me anyway. The cloud shadows on some of the new maps for example make the game a tad too dark for me which strains my eyes. :c

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    JellyBerry likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

rendering options for smooth game play seems like a good idea. I know that with new game window options, even on the smallest scale, the bottom of chat box is still cut off on my screen. I can not see what i typing. Kinda bugs me, but eh.

JellyBerry likes this.
  5. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

I'm surprised to hear someone having performance problems with the new maps, given how lightweight they are from a programmatic standpoint.

That being said, its a perfectly reasonable request, some kind of "compatibility" mode checkbox is whats in my head. Ill see what I can do.

Glad you like the changes, happy poxing!

6. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

The game uses things that older graphics cards don't have, it would be cool if we could change all of our options in the launcher, with "compatibility" mode allowing the game to run without using such things.

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Most thankful (as well in advance for any upcoming changes related to this) for giving this time and consideration, I'm certainly looking forward to it.

(Also thank you guys for adding in suggestions and whatnot to my initial idea).

cheers~

8. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Maybe the bug which makes the game stutter is affecting his ram. For me, it only takes 2-3 games and after that I need to restart the game.

9. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Any news regarding this?

Thanks in advance,

cheers~

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Anyway to stop animations from happening? That is what takes up most of the timer.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What exactly takes up so much time from the animations?

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Razor Ice 1.5 Seconds, Stealth .7 sec. Attacks .2 Chain Lightning 1.8 sec, its stacks up..... Just giving the option to cut animations might extend a turn by 15 seconds.... (Numbers are rough, but I think you get the general idea.)

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And why is this a problem?

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Never said it was. Quality of Life options are just always nice.

15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

This is a different thing than what is expressed in this thread, I doubt 2 second long animations will prevent you from having a normal thought process and developing your strategy.

My concern is in regards to map animations hindering my gameplay.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What mechanics are that again?

17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

When I played Ferren pre-revamp, one of the greatest drawbacks was animation times for alternating attacks, multiple champion swaps, de-stealthing from Hidden: Arctic and so forth. It's also hard to ignore the problem animation times pose when taken to the extreme like Lavaspout with Lava Front.

18. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I also noticed issues with RAM and I'm running a good machine (1G Video Card, 32G Ram, etc). The game does not lag or stutter, but when I check my processes, the longer I play the more poxnora processes are running. It's like they are making poxnora babies. There should be no reason I end up with 4-6 poxnora processes running when I only opened the game once.

19. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

there is some memory leak issues with the sound on pox. they keep trying to fix but can't seem to pin it down

20. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

I too seem to be having trouble with the graphics updates, is there any chance of this being implemented anytime soon?