I would like to voice my opinion on a failing policy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Nov 2, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I am disappointed with the lack of communication, lack of direction, lack of strive to make ranked play more attractive, let alone fun. The game has made poor improvements under DOG and suffers from an incredibly stale ranked game. Bugs and balance are both neglected, willingly or not. Tokens are still hurting players old and new. The few improvements DOG has made to this game (single player, skirmish, shards, client, steam(?)) do not take away that the game is in shambles and time is running out. I fear that if changes are not made fast and decisive, the consequences might not grant this game another chance to live up to the incredibly high potential it holds.

I thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i give it thread

0/10

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    mortal ix, soulmilk and TeaScholar like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Burn you should try to post more Good things about what DOG is doing to Pox like I do.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As shocking as the following statement may be - I partly agree with Burn. Although not to the point of doom-saying, more communication and prompt, minor modifications from the Devs would go a long way to both improving player moral and the game as a whole. However little knowledge I have of the recent events in Pox, more communication is helpful.

5. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Bless them, I think they're trying. The occasional Q&A session, an average of about 3-4 posts per day from Senshu (even on weekends), NUX and Steam releases... Credit where credit is due, and all that.

Of course, none of that counters anything that you said, Burn. Until they get the right balance of communication (and I do think that is the main issue upon which all other complaints hang), they're going to get threads and posts like this one. We're a high-maintenance bunch.

I wonder, what specifically would make people around here happy? A daily dev blog? A weekly post from Senshu or (even better) the CEO about what happened last week and what the goals are for next week? Would something solid every other week suffice, or is that too infrequent?

I'm sure that the greens are working hard for us, it's just difficult when you don't really know exactly on what. General ideas (fixing bugs with Steam and NUX!) are okay, but maybe I can speak for myself and say that it is still an exercise in patience when you don't know what will be fixed when.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

they just need more experience with the game (gedden needs to learn more than I Firking do) and hire more server monkeys

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

downvoted

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

We are used to really high volumes communication with the devs. With SoE i got really used to seeing deadlines set and met. I truley do not understand why drums of war is down. I feel like drums of war is important to monitoring balance.

TeaScholar likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Man, if Gedden would come on the forums a couple of times per month to tell folks what he's up to, that'd be great.

I'm not asking for a sokolov level of cool, but giving ranked play nothing for months on end and repeating "future *****" is getting stupid.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The writing on this wall, I don't like where this story is going.

11. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

This. I think the level of passion that Pox brings out in many of the players is not mirrored in the developers that are responsible for the game. Is that their fault? No, its the situation they were put in. We came to Pox and stayed because we fell in love with the game. They were sitting at their desk and then received a message in their in-box that said "new project coming your way - pox nora, add it to your workload".

There have been a few telling moments for me in this game - in the latest Q&A when Senshu said he tried to log on at least 4 hours a week. There are players on here that play 4 hours a day. How can someone who plays so little and has firsthand exposure to so few of the games intricacies really understand the Pox Nora experience?

I have never been a team member on a for-profit gaming company, but I was a manager for a free to play multiplayer game for several years in the early 2000s. Every single team member was invested in seeing the game move forward - we each played the game on a daily basis for hours for our own pleasure. If someone, in the course of playing, saw something that needed fixed (in terms of a bug), they would either do it themselves if they were a coder right then and there, or put it on the list of things to do if they were in PR or design. That list of things to do was tackled on a daily basis by coders (unpaid, I should add), to the extent that there was a hot patch at least once every 3 days and new content added every couple weeks. This went on for years.

Obviously, Pox Nora is a huge game - much bigger and complex than the one I describe - We can't expect fixes every 3 days or anything like that just due to the entire complexity of the game. But what I would like to feel is that the administrators and developers at least like the game as much as I do - and I am still a Pox lightweight. I feel that they have no sense of investment in the future of the game. There is no enthusiasm on their part - such comments like "Its on the rader" "We will need to do a cost/benefit study" are entirely neutral and don't make me feel like they care.

I think that this is a huge sticking point for much of the community - the feeling that the Devs are so far removed from not only the playerbase, but the entire game.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  12. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

The devs are very anti-timeline. It would be nice to see a list of stuff they will do and when they will get it done.

Ozariig likes this.
  13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I'm starting to feel like it's more of "when gedden feels like working on it" = it's on our radar

14. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I understand that. The worst thing about giving a timeline is setting up false expectations. You can bet there are going to be a lot of rage-posts when a deadline slips! And software estimation is really quite a shady topic to begin with, involving lots of voodoo and chicken entrails.

A list without deadlines along with regular updates can work wonders for transparency, though. As long as the important stuff is at the top of the list, you have a pretty good idea of what they're working on. It's okay to keep saying, "you'll get it when its ready," if everyone knows what "it" is.

If you can find the time to also say every so often, "Gee, we spent a lot of time working on this, but it turned out to be way harder than expected. We're keeping at it though because we know it's really important," then nobody can ask for more than that.

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well according to someone I spoke too, DoG lost or did not recieve the code/script for DoW and apparently Gedden has announced this. That would be a first for me but apparently thats why DoW is down.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind a weekly update from the pdc members. just include them in the loop more and let them disseminate the info

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I recall him saying DoW was supposed to update automatically but for some reason it stopped and it's "hard" to fix.

18. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Dungeon Fighter Online was Shut Down by Nexon in late 2013.

The original creators of DFO then reacquired the game after a number of months and launched an Alpha Test that lasted a week or so.

Nexon NA were some ****s and didn't turn over everything to the creators, so the creators had to get Nexon Korea to give them some files to re create the game for other countries.

Right now they are translating, coding, putting in new content, and bug fixing, and tons of other things.

Im disappointed because i want to play now, but i understand they have a small team with alot to do and its a miracle our voices were heard and the game even got relaunched at all.

The game is set to Relaunch in March 2015, a date that wasn't even set until about 3weeks ago.
    The facebook page has thousands of supporters, but limited interaction with the team since they are busy working.
    Also there are plenty of impatient ungratefuls.....well were familiar with that, huh.

A game that got shutdown in 2013, got reacquired by its creators and is relaunching in 2015.
    During that time, there is limited communication with Dev's and only 1 - 2 weeks of playtime that was provided.

Be Patient, Be Grateful..... It could be worse.

Ozariig likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dungeon Fighter had a 300 million registered users celebration on May 25, 2011.

Stop being a tool. The comparison doesn't fly, not even close.

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I'm gonna agree with the pyro that burns stuff on this one.

And give us DOW points