I would like to voice my opinion on a failing policy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Nov 2, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

No they are still trying to bring it back to what it was before SOE. The problem is they are trying to do it with the limited staff they have.

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Are they really? same as before SOE?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Your expecting more than what they are capable of with their current staff. Would you rather have Gedden talking on the forums doubling if not tripling the time it takes for him to do things, or would you rather have him be a hermit for a few months. I for one do not like either option. However that is the only 2 options we have until they hire another programmer or 2.

0ctopi had a groove that allowed them to releases things on a 3-4 month period. That was nice. Gedden also had a team then. Don't get me wrong. I am not defending the decisions they have made so far. I am just not condemning them for it.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Gedden has stated a few Q&A's back that he is trying. It takes time. DOG is made from 2/3 of the original developers. I trust them to do it right. I just want to know why they decided to go ahead with the undertaking of Steam, New Release ect with just Gedden being the programmer. They had to of known it would have been a slow process that the community would not be happy with.

Korahn2610 likes this.
  5. Kampel

What i don't understand is, they knew which fixes would take lots of time and work to do and which ones were easy to make and instead of doing the quick ones first they kind of mixed them and ended up getting stuck with the long fixes.. That's why i made the question on Moles's thread "How long does it really take to change a champeons stats or abilities?", it was a really valid and important question for the community.. at least it would had helped us understand..

I, with my clueless perspective as a player compare DOG to sokolov, sok used to have the Cactuar crate where he used to writte pox's changes, patch notes and ideas for the community to discuss, he also made a list with the priorities and justified them..(or not), i just dont understand why DOG didn't do that... It would take like 30 minutes to make.. to me that's a sign that they dont even have that written down.. thats like skipping the very first class on the wanna-be-dev school

6. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

My personal opinion is that they needed the money to hire the programmers. Stuck between a rock and a hard place situation. However, I have nothing to back this up but conjecture. I believe this is what Senshu means by "business stuff"

7. sokotra

sokotra Member

I am actually not a new player, I've been playing off and on for several years. So yeah, I still think you should keep it positive and constructive.

I really don't see how the staff could be making much money on this game, so I imagine much of their time is basically donated for your enjoyment.

8. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

In this forum, the people who are the loudest are the most knowledgeable.
    Also if you aren't top 200 you dont matter.
    Although alot of them fall in and out of it alot.

They have there own little club...they jerk each other off and stuff. Tears make great lube!

I've played this game just as long as they have, but i dont wave my e-pen around as much to be noticed by Senpai.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you think it's top 200 that makes you matter, you don't get "it"

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@ RAIDBOI

Having a limited staff does not justify the facct that they are making all the wrong decisions. Fanboi away, we'll keep it real.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You still upset because I made you look stupid with that comparison? Its okay, you'll get smarter as time passes. Maybe even understand things others did long ago. We can only hope.

12. NiGhtMaRiK

@Dagda i was clearly talking about you "veteran players" that alienate others, sit on your high horses with your superiority complex and believe your word is gospel as you try to find ways to qualify why you matter.

The top 200 thing is just one of yalls smokescreens, i dont subscribe to that. It was satyr...u need a definition?

@BurnPyro You succeed at only making yourself look stupid Burn. Most of us just keep you around because you make us laugh with how stupid you can be.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"most of us" are the ones like you who can't formulate a proper argument when I show them how stupid they are. Just like you with your flawed comparisons. A bunch of baddies don't like me because I'm harsh, but I'm also fair. You're making dumb comparisons, I call it.

14. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

@NiGhtMaRiK

It does not have anything to do with being top 200. They have a grasp about balance and effects in meta that many will not have - while many may have a "omg it is OP" feeling, most of these players you mock can actually put into words why some rune is really cost efficient and write properly about it.

OFC, they may be zealots some times, but no one(not even Burn) is perfect.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Bedda back up off my burny-P or we'll have words.

Dagda likes this.
  16. Kampel

This has become a cat fight

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you know how in the other thread you asked why we can't wade through the bullshit? this is a part of it. there's not much in this post that isn't very easily construed as antagonistic, abrasive, or openly offensive (depending). most people don't respond nicely to that. i understand that you probably posted it thinking that you were being provoked, ignored, or otherwise trolled and maybe that's true in part, but you have to realize that you're really not helping yourself when you do this (unless you get off on being a big macho man over the internet, in which case more power to you)

believe it or not (believe it dattebayo), i fully understood what you were saying. what i was saying is that top 200 hasn't meant much for a long while in terms of either where you place on the skill curve or in terms of how much you're likely to know about the game.

top 100 hasn't really, either.

now, don't get it twisted- i'm not saying you have to be high ranked to have a deeper understanding of the game. mostly the rank helps the rest of the community accept your opinion, from what i've seen. there's just always been a tier system in this game (and in any other i would suppose) where there are players are the top of the tier who know a large amount and have a good feel for most things, and then a bunch below them who are a bit below in most ways, and so on and so forth.

think of DMR as part of the top tier, for example. we'll call that the A list (cause i'm not gonna give him the D). if he's there, most of pox's playerbase is probably around, i dunno, the E or F list (i'm just guesstimating here, not like this is a science)

the gaps may all look relatively small in between tiers, but they really start adding up

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. NiGhtMaRiK

@Dagda I understand very well the perspective of ranking and the weight it holds. That was a small part of my remark to engage a larger point.
    I have been playing since SP xpac/Drums of War. Sure, i wasn't here day 1, but i am just as much of a veteran player as most.
    Im not well known, to be hated or admired. Im like a ghost that meanders by and drops a generally well accepted thread or incite the rage and frustration of a familiar few.
    I observe mostly and largely when i first started playing i was more concerned with playing than participating in the culture.
    Over the years i have witnessed a select group bully people on the forums like they are some kind of VIP.
    Its irritating to have watched over the years and i guess i've just finally decided to start speaking out about it.
    I understand alot of it isn't ill intentioned and is just trolling and/or being more abrasive than necessary to get a point across.
    Still it strikes a chord with me and with the new developments over the DOG rage, i've just grown exhausted of it.
    Also, how this 'club' likes to dismiss any opinion that isn't there own is humorous and tired.
    Then they want to discredit you resorting to ad hominem.

As far as my tone, i only give what i receive.

19. sokotra

sokotra Member

Just an outsiders opinion... He was being provoked and responding to childish comments, so now you try to turn it around on him.

Another good reason to keep things as respectful and constructive as possible... So it doesn't end up like this. Waste of time.. Lots of hot air. I guess some people enjoy the nonsense... Constant whining, etc..

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, it is irritating to have to deal with people of mediocre to poor understanding of the game. As well as people who make utterly ******** comparisons between games and even after showing how wrong they are, continue to think they somehow made a point. Get lost joker.