If Dryad loses Surge...

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gorebucket, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

With ranged Surge being slated for removal, there is a very real possibility that Dryad will lose it. I certainly don't want her to... but I see the odds that she will lose it as being somewhat higher than keeping it. With the other upgrades on that path being vastly inferior to Surge, she would see a significant drop in performance with a mere 1-2 nora drop in price.

So my question is, what simple adjustments would help her remain appealing if she were to lose Surge?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I hope Surge is just going away for champs with RNG 5+. Dryad's range has never been that good. If she were to lose Surge, maybe downgrade Charm 3 to Charm 2 and add Zeal: Damage to the upgrade path? Reading her flavor-text, Deception could work?

Oh yeah, I believe healing is getting slightly nerfed as well so this will hit her too.

Qucas and Gorebucket like this.
  3. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Deception would make an awesome combo for the remaining (melee) Surge champs. Transplant works on illusions.

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

WHAT!?!?!?

Qucas, Tweek516 and IronStylus like this.
  5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

How bout giving her Sunder? Giving all other tree auch needed damage boost technically.

6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

they phased out most of range sunder, only sunder 1 in some cases. Not sure if they want to give it out some more ;o

7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Ahh I see well what about Sunder + Dissipate combo like the Voltaic Slag?

Voltaic Slag has Sunder+Electric DOT+ Dissipate and he's range 5-6 or something like that.

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I talked to Sok while reproducing the lava trap bug with him and he said "Some are losing Surge.". I'm eager to believe Dryad and Prodigy will keep it.