Illuminated Debuff fails to reduce DEF to 0 under certain circumstances.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Etherielin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Deploy any champion with either Illuminate, Discovery, Solar Beam or any other way of granting illuminated to enemies.
    2. Grab a few champions, who can cast magic nova, spells which reduce DEF, champions with Sunder and champions / effects which increase DEF.
    3. Apply a couple of magic novas / sunders on enemy champs until their DEF goes down to 0 or less.
    4. Apply illuminate.
    5. Wait for other -DEF effects to wear off.
    6. The illuminated champion will regain all of its DEF despite being illuminated.
    7. Re-illuminate.
    8. Apply +DEF effects.
    9. The effects will override illuminate, causing it to reduce only the DEF a champion had before being illuminated.

With the upcoming changes to illuminate I believe it's important to make illuminate debuff "smart" so that it can track if affected champ's DEF is higher than 0 and re-adjust it accordingly.

@Sokolov

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Illuminated is not really "sets defense to 0" but "loses defense equal to what its defense was when it became Illuminated". So if it becomes Illuminated first then another effect that changes its defense happens after, the defense will change.

3. Etherielin

According to its description:
    Illuminated (This unit's DEF is set to 0 if it is greater than 0 and cannot be Stealthed. When this unit is successfully attacked, its opponent gains 2 nora and this condition is removed)

From a newcomer's perspective it only seems logical for it to set the DEF to 0 if it's greater than 0 as long as you're debuffed, thus me either advocating the change or an update to its wording.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is correct.

Illuminated is changing a bit, but new description will read:

"This champion loses all DEF (when this condition is applied) and cannot be Stealthed."

Hopefully that is more clear.

Note that Calcify is currently bugged with Illuminated and won't have its DEF reduced by Illuminated under any circumstances.

IMAGIRL and Etherielin like this.
  5. Etherielin

That's great! Will Calcify apply its DEF bonus before or after the Illuminated debuff is applied?