Impenetrable broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by only, Apr 22, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

some abilities are working against Impenetrable.

examples: Dispel, Feint, Confuse.

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Starlight from Starlight Sylph work too

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It's weird, because the abilities themselves aren't basic attacks, but they provoke basic attacks.

Edit: I have no idea why Alpha made them basic attacks btw. And as aggressive bypasses impenetrable also, I think there's some serious inconsistency.

Impenetrable reads: "This champion can not be the target of abilities your enemy controls, including non-basic attacks. This does not include basic attacks."

I think the problem lies in the underlined parts.
    "this champion cannot be the target of abilities your enemy controls" I understand that as abilities on your champions and relics cannot choose this champion as target. This wouldn't allow psychic ping to target an impen champion, or aggressive to trigger, IMO.
    If it were instead " your enemy cannot target this champion with activated abilities" I think this would fit the current functionality better.
    I think the clause "this does not include basic attacks" shouldn't allow things like feint to bypass impenetrable.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. JaceDragon

abilities like maniac trigger impenetrable, and aggressive should do the same. I think that should be all abilities that target the champ, ping don't target, or better, target in a different way and could be considered like an aoe ability.

5. only

only Active Member

there are two ways to read "target":
    A) target as a victim, a result of something
    B) target as a process aka "untargettable" (prevention)

I do see inconsistency here as well.

at the moment, it works against A and B and everything from A and B not working is considered to be a bug.

Aggresive is A, you're not being targetted, you just HAPPEN to be a target (victim).
    Manic does the same, but for some reason it is prevented.

I think to set consistency here, we should aim for prevention of being the target of activatable abilities as GabrielQ said.

Impenetrable
    This champion cannot be target of activatable abilities (excluding basic attacks) from opposite units.

and basically, this is how it should work. so Manic and Aggressive (and others?) would work against it.

otherwise, Impenetrable should prevent EVERYTHING. so we could just consider Aggressive being a bug. but tht would also require to edit tooltip.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you know were you can find this kind of inconsistency too? in combat awareness. Things like misfire are non-active targetting, and for that it bypasses combat awareness, but, does it bypasses impenetrable aswell? I'm not sure, but I'll guess that it bypasses impenetrable when it should not, according to wording.

7. JaceDragon

I would like to see impenetrable version B imo.