In defense of Desert Owl Games/new client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, Jun 6, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

A bug-free release of a new complex game is a miracle. Even major franchises, for example, Crusader Kings II and other games from Paradox Interactive, or Civilization series, had plethora of bugs some of which got fixed a year after the release or even later. (So I try to stay away from playing a new game for at least a month after it hits the market.)

I understand that players are upset and frustrated with the bugs in the new client, but it's business as usual. Give it a bit of time. Desert Owl Games doesn't have many people on staff to fix everything instantaneously.

2. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

Just tried to play on PS4, its not that smooth and it is difficult to play with no combat log or ease to play. Took almost my whole turn to move my champs at turn 10. It is definitely a different feel than the desktop version. Overall it was rough but a good step in the right direction.

3. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I´ve been playing on ps4 since day one, and the more i play the more smooth it seems, i actually enjoying a ton pox on ps4, sometimes it feels weird to move runes (specially 2x2 ones) and the attack system takes a few games, but apart from that, and the whole forge and sacrifice thing that i don't know if it's a bug or not, i really like the game so far.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

The client is not as bad as people make it to be. When I first launched it on the PS4 it took forever loading runes but that's it aside from campaigns not working sometimes. And every other time I log in it works more smoothly than the last. Desert Owl is behind the scenes making it happen.

Keep up the good work.

Etherielin and fogandsteel like this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think the big issue people have with the new client on PS4 is not that it's horrible, but we're so used to the pc that playing it on the PS4 is awkward.