Ironfist brawler and drunk theme

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by JaceDragon, Jun 29, 2014.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I simply love this guy

How do you play now drunk theme?

I feel drunken thug is still worth, but this 5 spd and low dmg...ehm, then i look at moga

2. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

As a long time dorf/brew player, I'm liking the new changes but I am having to get used to the relative lack of brew/carouse and keep forgetting it doesn't give 1 ap on equip anymore. It's playing a bit differently, but still seems to be centered on survivable units taking the hits and keeping going. I did rely a bit on evasive on MA, Brawler and brewmaster to be able to close the gap on ranged units, and have been having some trouble there, but I guess I'll have to go back to the RDs, and maybe some more gravity flux/Instill panic shenanigans. I've noted carouse seems to have been put on some weird units, like brubakers and NC militia and feel it could go on a few more dorfs. Thug is good, been trying out other brutes like stoneskin (who seems good) and battlerager(who still seems kinda meh). Also missing strike from sarge to help with the low damage but should hopefully be able to whip up some sort of work around on high def champs.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pitfighters are brutes and could help with lack of evasives.

4. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Yeah I am currently LF pitfighters, even though it goes against my tendency for flavour over effectiveness (OMG DORFS ONLY BICHES!).

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Carouse on a few more Dwarves would be great. A few of the more "rowdy" ones could flavorfully get it, such as Thug, Brawler, Sharpshooter (see flavor text), Windfury, and Axeman. I've just started trying Brawlers now, and I must say Pummels every other turn with Surge Enemy are beastly.

6. putoconcarne

putoconcarne New Member

Is Brewmaster not supposed to be a brute? Right now he doesn't even have a class. Sort of weird since I'd expect him to be the very epitome of the "rowdy dwarf brute" kinda character.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I felt like when the dwarves got resistance: physical when 5 were drunk that made more sense and was really cool. How does it even work now they just have drunken and are fearless and have iron will?

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Yeah i would like to see Windfury a brute instead of a warrior, god he launch hammer!B brother are strong, when both are deployed. I though about high mason, to heal my shrine and caruse dwarf when i deploy them, and i though about Desperate heal to heal my dwarf (just because i run high mason). I feel a lack on range and yes, brawler lost evasive but sorry, every 2 turns pummel with surge enemy is realy a good change