IS players, help me build a holy bg.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by IronStylus, Sep 22, 2016.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Hi guys. I wanted to create an IS split and make a funny bg, inspired by this thread
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-most-anti-fw-deck-possible.24118/
    by compost.
    I had this idea some time ago, but I failed miserably in making IS split, as I play only FS splits and have limited knowledge about Paladins and holy bgs. It's intended to be those two factions that rely mostly on IS mechanics that buff paladins/shamans and priests. There are plenty of good FS champions with those classes and the BG is supposed to work ONLY against FW.
    Basically I wanna create an IS/FS holy split that counters FW, so:

I wanted to include some boosts, help me here, because I don't know how to boost units.
    I want just paladins/shamans/priests, because they have some synergy in IS
    I want this bg to counter every mechanic FW has
    I want this to be a fun and flavor bg with stuff like smite enemy (autox2) and holy mace (just to show you what runes I condsidered. Holy mace is crap even against undead).
    I want this to be good, fun, and working.

Things I will add for 100%:
    *carreir squire - holy armaments, and double deploy vs. those 1st turn broken bones deploys
    *dwarven medic - immunize against this disease
    *divinity's touch - vs this doom/possession spell
    *erode - vs mason's spire and other freaking relics
    *2x font eruption - vs worms :) and maybe relic stacking inside the shrine deployment zone
    *2x smite the enemy - 20 damage nuke; works against ghosts and vaporizing banshee
    *medal of valor or another battlemaster - works against cheap spam
    *shroud of al'mara - 16 dmg nuke lol, cleanse, and resurrect for longer battles if you need to catch up to their faction bonus

Things I considered, but are probably replaceable:
    *firk mind shredder - just for ranged damage, could be useful, also is a priest.
    *Boghopper paladin - purified vs all their debuffs, spells, cc
    *Exorcist - well tbh he's kinda bad even vs FW. his exorcism is range 1. WIll include him for flavor probably.

Things I'm looking for:
    Holy ground
    Shitton of cleanse, purified and heal (screw skull of decay)
    hunter: mage for witches
    hunter: unholy where it is possible
    tariff for graveyard skelly spam and essence devourer combo
    blockade for mobilize/chattering maw/dark rising
    something for unholy tomb, maybe backlash
    something that can kill serkan/xulos easily
    something against despoil and nora globe collecting, no idea what.
    shielded in most champs, to deny essence drain mostly.

Things I would like to avoid:
    -impervious at any cost, because of this dispel equipment/soul reave
    -bubble of protection because of this dispel equip
    -drunks, because you don't go to a crusade drunk, lol

I'm actually pretty serious about this, but I need your help. I have never played IS, nor got interested in in-depth IS mechanics. I wanna make this with good meta picks as well as some funny stuff. I will trade every possible rune, if I can for this, but I can't afford trading legendary runes just to test them and see how thy work. I wanna be sure. Poxbox trading is pusnihing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Mostly advanced knowledge advice is needed. I want this deck to be good in mid-competitive gaming.